Tushar_Suradkar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

RECAP - First Meetup of Local Guides in Nashik, India

Local Guides in Nashik were planning to meet for a long time.
I saw several posts on Connect regarding this, 
None of them had a reply.

So, I traveled from Pune to Nashik 220 km to meet everyone in person.

The First meetup of Local Guides in Nashik , IndiaThe First meetup of Local Guides in Nashik , India 

Two enthusiastic and amazing local guides @RailfanKunal and @Khairnar_Yamini attended the meetup in person.
Other local guides from Nashik attended online.

Several local guides from all over India attended the first meetup in Nashik online - via Google Meet.

@Raj_Tayade traveled to Nashik from Aurangabad 250 km.

Online Attendees - The First meetup of Local Guides in Nashik, IndiaOnline Attendees - The First meetup of Local Guides in Nashik, India 

We met at the famous Shamsundar Misal, a food joint serving the celebrated Misal spicy dish of Nashik.

"Misal pav is a dish from the Indian state of Maharashtra. 
It consists of:
1. Misal - A spicy curry usually made from beans 
2. Pav - A type of Indian bread roll
The final dish is topped with farsan, made from gram flour, shredded onions, lemon, and coriander."

• We exchanged information about Google Maps and the Local Guides Connect and found that there was so much to share based on our diverse experiences and passions around Google Maps.

• Both Kunal and Yamini are rail fans and immersed me and Raj into the fascinating world of rails.
They also shared the best practices about meetups that they host and attend in their area of passion and interest.

• We discussed accessibility in detail.
We also discovered the accessibility features around the food joint.

• I told them about the Accessibility LIVE meetup in Pune that I hosted a day before.
They were amazed at how I traveled overnight for 220 km after the meetup to reach Nashik.

Stickers, Badges, Cards, Souvenirs, and Misal Pav - The First meetup of Local Guides in Nashik, IndiaStickers, Badges, Cards, Souvenirs, and Misal Pav - The First meetup of Local Guides in Nashik, India

When asked about the Tactile Path just outside the food joint, the guesses were:
1. A tiled path marked to indicate a gas pipeline beneath.
2. A boundary not to be crossed by pedestrians.
3. many other such intelligent ideas.

Local guides in Nashik were surprised to know about the tactile path and were happy to gain knowledge about it.
• After that, we walked around Nashik for a photo walk of the various tourist places like the Ashok Stambh, Clock Tower, old bridges, and temples.

Attendees - The First meetup of Local Guides in Nashik, IndiaAttendees - The First meetup of Local Guides in Nashik, India

We parted ways on a resolve by Nashik local guides to host many more such meetups in Nashik 🤝 🤗 

Nashik, Maharashtra, India
34 comments
Level 8

Re: RECAP - First Meetup of Local Guides in Nashik, India

Fantastic recao dear meetup champion  @Tushar_Suradkar

Abhishek Patki
Level 8

@Tushar_Suradkar 

Tushar ji are you fast to arrange well meetups.

We are proud on you  

Thanks 

Level 9

Great meet-up, @Tushar_Suradkar , always good to see new LGs attending physical meetups. 

Cheers!

| Ajit Thite | “Collect moments, not things” – Aarti Khurana |
My Latest posts :- | Great Place to pause for Some Moments to Live: Ka'Soul Cafe, Pune |
Level 10

नमस्कार,

@Tushar_Suradkar 

छान रीकॅप,

दादा प्रशंसनीय आहे, या मीट अप साठी तू पुणे ते नाशिक 220 किमी प्रवास केला..

धन्यवाद रीकॅप साठी धन्यवाद..

Level 8

Amazing meet up recap dear @Tushar_Suradkar . Now Nashik zone is also open for meet up. You did a great job. Nice to meet LGs of Nashik virtually.  Thanks for sharing.

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 7

I enjoyed reading the Nashik Meetup post. It covered everything in a very precise and tactful manner. 

Good to know about Kunal and Yamini who are rail fans (ditto for me). My wish is to see as much of our great Motherland as possible while traveling by train.

Finally it was a hard choice to decide what was more tempting on the restaurant table... the souvenirs or the misal pav! 🙂 

Level 7

That's a wonderful recap @Tushar_Suradkar 😍 I missed it but I am pretty sure we will have fun in Grand Central Park Meet-up in  Mumbai... The Misal Pav looks tempting and the knowledgeable insights are amazing. Keep it up buddy 👍

Lots of love and best wishes
Mayuri Kubal
#LocalGuideOfMaharashtra
#IndiaLocalGuide

Check my latest post here  5 Years of Local Guiding and many more to come!!! 

Level 8

Wonderful recap @Tushar_Suradkar sir ☺️ Nashik meetup was really great. @Khairnar_Yamini and @RailfanKunal Both seemed very inventive. Yamini said that a meetup will be held in Nashik soon..😊

Raj_Tayade ||" Relationships are formed when you travel with your heart "||

My Map||My Insta||My Post Gallery

Connect Moderator

Thanks for praising dear @abhishekpatk 

Hope to meet you at the meetup in Mumbai on Saturday, else on 20th May in Pune 👍