sleep182's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Williamsburg, Virginia! Advice from a local on how to enjoy and keep your trip smooth!

Alright, so a first time attempt at this--- but I thought I'd give some basic advice.

Driving around this area can be confusing.  Keep a cool head and I highly recommend keeping google maps (or whatever program you use) open. Try to get here earlier then later--- sounds obvious enough right? But driving at night for the first time in this area can be quite stressful.  When I first came down here, we relied on a regular map and got here late at night.  It was not much fun at all, much shouting partook, where are we going, are we there yet?  It took a lot longer then it should have.

Smartphones make life a lot easier down here for driving around.  Use that data plan and tell google where you want to go. It might give you some surprising info and suggest places you didn't even know were there.

There are a lot of restaurants down here.  Take the time to look at a review or two before just heading out to one. Waiting for 20 minutes to get sat and find the food wasn't quite what you expected is not cool. Get a nice relaxing atmosphere, or even sit outside if its an option and not too hot.  Also remember, pricing can be *very* different from one restaurant to the other!   

Watch for traffic and folks visiting. It's fun but can be dangerous around here!

Be aware and enjoy yourself  🙂

Anyway, that's just my short note on the area.   Hopefully I did it correctly and might have helped.

Williamsburg, VA 23185, USA
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Williamsburg, Virginia! Advice from a local on how to enjoy and keep your trip smooth!

Hello @sleep182

Thank you very much for sharing this useful information and tips. This would definitely help Local Guides on Connect.

Thank you. 

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Re: Williamsburg, Virginia! Advice from a local on how to enjoy and keep your trip smooth!

Hello @sleep182

Thank you very much for sharing this useful information and tips. This would definitely help Local Guides on Connect.

Thank you. 

Level 8

Hi @sleep182

Did you Rate & Write a Review on Google Maps at “Williamsburg, Virginia“?

If not you can do it like this.

Write reviews and add ratings of places

I am saying this because whatever you write or suggest of places here on Connect could only be seeing by Local Guides on Connect alone. 

When you write a review and rate on Google Maps the whole world can see it.

i am just saying this in case. Hope you will understand. Thank you. 

Cheers mate.