jessicathompson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

What it means to me to be a Local Guide, it’s more thank you think

I have always had a passion for travel, ever since I was born I had family all over the world and my parents even met whilst they were travelling. I grew up on stories and recommendations from the people I held dearest to me and wanted to follow in their footsteps and do the same. So 8 years ago I packed up my bags, kissed my family goodbye and headed out for the unknown. I travelled to places I only ever dreamed about and got to experience things first hand. Since then I managed to get a job as a European tour guide, I take people all across the continent to visit my favourite restaurants, hotels, hostels, sites, museums, ancient ruins and so many more things. 

It’s finally my chance to be able to give back to the people just like they gave to me, the ability to travel and see the world. We wouldn’t be anywhere if it weren’t for all these wonderful recommendations and reviews. I like being the person that gets to go out there and test run things to see if they’re worth the time for the rest of the world. I love having the opportunity to use my voice for the greater good and will be continuing to do this through Google Local Guides. I have such a plethora of knowledge and have visited an abundance of places, more than I ever could have imagined. Continuing to make people’s dreams come true is my dream come true. 

So now, as I head off for Europe again in a few days I’m on a mission to explore as much as humanly possible. If you want some advice or need some recommendations of things to do or places to go. I’m so ready to answer it all

Observing the wonders of the Grand Canyon, USObserving the wonders of the Grand Canyon, USSwimming in the ocean off the coast of Pag Island, CroatiaSwimming in the ocean off the coast of Pag Island, CroatiaBasking in the sunshine at Lake Bled, SloveniaBasking in the sunshine at Lake Bled, SloveniaAdmiring Mother Nature in IcelandAdmiring Mother Nature in IcelandHaving a Giza at the Pyramids in EgyptHaving a Giza at the Pyramids in EgyptMeeting locals in CubaMeeting locals in CubaAdmiring street art of local heroes in Havana, CubaAdmiring street art of local heroes in Havana, CubaEnjoying having a laugh in the Christmas markets in Paris, FranceEnjoying having a laugh in the Christmas markets in Paris, FranceGetting in the spirit of things in the lead up to Day of the Dead in Mexico City, MexicoGetting in the spirit of things in the lead up to Day of the Dead in Mexico City, Mexico

Europe