Esthermtz13's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

What do you collect from your travels?

Hello dears!
I think there is no post about this, so let's get fun and tell me, When you travel, abroad or domestic , what do you like to collect? 
In my side, I am mexican and a foodie, so i love to eat local wherever place i go, so i collect restaurant tickets, also I like to buy fridge magnets, take a picture of a very especific place of my travel and also put it on the frigde. 
I'm a starbucks lover and i like to collect world mugs or starbucks cards, but not everywhere i go, i found one, like in Italy for example that there are no cafeterias like this one. 
As I mention before, as a foodie I love when I found a good regional cook book so I take it home and i translate it as much as I can. 

So go on and tell me..!! 

Greetings!!

45 comments
Level 8

Re: What do you collect from your travels?

@Esthermtz13 that is a good question that you asked. I never thought about it and I don't think there is anything specifically that I collect. I guess just whatever catches my eye where I am at. 

Level 10

Hi @Esthermtz13 Every time I travel, I bring a small memory of each city I visit. I never wanted to bring magnets, so I preferred small monuments representative of the city, as I show in the photo. I already had no place haha.

0FCE6F3B-B148-40A0-933A-E89AA0D4EEAE.jpeg

I also collect the Starbucks cups, in many cities the format is no longer available or changed. There were several trips that I began to regret bringing them, because I visited several cities and they weigh a lot. But they are so cute!

A2CDC423-F89D-4A60-95E7-F329BDE902E9.jpeg

Now I add another souvenir, which are small snowballs, but these are not for me, it is for my mom that they love it.

Instagram  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Web Page  |

Level 10

Each time I travel to another country, I try to find typically local handmade souvenirs. Sometimes there is amazing craftsmanship in it and they are not necessarily more expensive than industrial fancy stuff.

The longer I keep them in my house the more they become impressive. As you know time is money and handmade goods become more and more rare in this world. They may not be perfect, but they are always unique and if I come back years after to this country I often see, that those souvenirs have been replaced by industrial mass produced goods. You then see the difference in quality and they may now cost even more than those who were once the blueprint for them. I want something from a country that has a touch of the maker in within. A piece of his valuable time he spend making it and even his soul, because he may have been sad to give it away. A piece of art.. 

Level 7

Very impressive collection!! 

You will need more shelves soon!! 

Level 8

Hi @Esthermtz13

Hi @MaxWalsh - We have the travel collection! I collect Starbucks mugs from our travels. While my husband collects Hard Rock cafe magnets. 

www.instagram.com/wanderlustinpandas 

@MaxWalsh wrote:

Hi @Esthermtz13 Every time I travel, I bring a small memory of each city I visit. I never wanted to bring magnets, so I preferred small monuments representative of the city, as I show in the photo. I already had no place haha.

0FCE6F3B-B148-40A0-933A-E89AA0D4EEAE.jpeg

I also collect the Starbucks cups, in many cities the format is no longer available or changed. There were several trips that I began to regret bringing them, because I visited several cities and they weigh a lot. But they are so cute!

A2CDC423-F89D-4A60-95E7-F329BDE902E9.jpeg

Now I add another souvenir, which are small snowballs, but these are not for me, it is for my mom that they love it.

Level 8

Hi @Esthermtz13

This is a nice post. I haven't seen one in this topic.

I recently started collecting stickers, pins, buttons, magnets and coffee mugs (Starbucks mugs are great!) to remember my trips. These remind me about the places I've visited and it also inspires me to travel more so, I could visit new places.

MagnetsMagnets

Level 5

I collect just some candles from Saint Catherine Monastery Candles from the MonasteryCandles from the Monastery

Level 8

Here are some of my husband's collection.Here are some of my husband's collection.

Here's my collection. Not the usual magnets. Looks good to me!Here's my collection. Not the usual magnets. Looks good to me!

@Esthermtz13

@MohammadAlantary

@Ram791

@SuzanneBozz

@MaxWalsh

Level 5

Wooow,  looks great