Rezgar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Urmia Lake

Lake Urmia is the name of a lake in the northwestern part of Iran. According to the national divisions of Iran, this lake is located between the two provinces of West Azarbaijan and East Azarbaijan province. The total area of the lake was about 6,000 square kilometers in the summer of 2015, which is in line with the 25th largest lake in the world in terms of area. Lake Urumieh, the largest domestic lake in Iran, is the largest saltwater lake in the Middle East, and is the sixth largest saltwater lake in the world.
Because of the excessive salinity of the lake, no fish live in this lake. However, the Lake Urmia is one of the most important habitats of Artemia. This hard skin is one of the main sources of feeding migratory birds, including flamingos.
Lake Urmia is the largest permanent water catchment in western Asia, northwest of Iran's plateau. The catchment area of Lake Urmia is 51, 876 square kilometers, equivalent to more than 3% of the total area of Iran. The pond is powered by a total of 60 rivers, 21 of which are permanent or seasonal, and 39 of them are periodic. Among these are Zarrinehroud, Simina Rood and Aji Chay (Telekhrood) are the main entrances to Lake Urmia.

Source: Wikipedia
Photo: By Me

Urmia LakeUrmia Lake

Urmia LakeUrmia Lake

Urmia LakeUrmia Lake

Urmia LakeUrmia Lake

Urmia LakeUrmia Lake

Best Regards
Rezgar 

Urmia Lake, Iran
2 comments
Level 6

Re: Urmia Lake

More wonderful photography, Urmia lake would be a must visit for me if I ever go to Iran. Thank you @Rezgar

Level 10

Re: Urmia Lake

Thank you for your attention my dear friend @James8Arthur

I hope to see you in Iran.

Best Regards
Rezgar