DavidH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Tombstone RV Park - STAY AWAY from this place!

Tombstone Arizona -  It is a great place for travelers with RVs and campers to park in one of the several RV lots and spend their day shopping and exploring the Old Wild West in Tombstone, Arizona.  However, one RV park I suggest you stay away from completely is the Tombstone RV Park at 1475 AZ-80, Tombstone, AZ 85638.  I lived in this RV park for YEARS because I was employed in Tombstone as an actor for various shows. I had my RV parked there for years and lived there for a long time.  I always paid my rent on time.  I was a really good tenant and on good terms with the staff there.  However, when it was time for me to move on because I found work in another state, I decided to sell my RV and so I posted it for sale on many venues.  I found a buyer pretty quickly and he to pick up my RV.  I was not there to do the exchange because I was working in my current state of residency, but the staff and owner said they would gladly handle it for me.   So my buyer came to pick up my RV and paid in cash giving it to the staff.  The cash was placed in a SEALED envelope and put in a safe.  The owner went into the staff and opened the sealed envelope and took out $500. He did not have my permission to take that cash.  I asked him why he did that, and he said it for his inconvenience and a "cleaning fee." I told him if was going to do that, he would need to submit to me a itemized bill outlining why he collected $500 from my money from the sale of my RV.  He refused to do that. That is illegal and called thievery.  The police become involved and said it was a "civil matter."  In good conscience, after being spoken to by the police, the owner did send me a reimbursement check for $215, but he still owes me over $300 which I am actively working on getting back. So, I highly recommend that everyone avoid this particular RV park and stay somewhere where you will be treated honestly and fairly. 

Tombstone RV Park & Campground, Arizona 80, Tombstone, AZ, United States
2 comments
Level 3

Re: Tombstone RV Park - STAY AWAY from this place!

Thanks

Level 4

Re: Tombstone RV Park - STAY AWAY from this place!

Well dang!! I hope that no one ever has had that happened before. I'm wanting to be a local guide for the area and at least take pictures but knowing this I can hopefully let people know that something like this may happen but I hope this situation never happens again for you.