TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Googler

Tips Requested: Key West & Dry Tortugas National Park Next Week

Hi. After hosting two National Parks meet-ups this weekend at Canaveral National Seashore (Saturday) and the Everglades (Sunday), I am taking a few days vacation in Key West. I've never been to Key West so while I plan to do a lot of nothing (relaxation and staying offline), I would love your tips of must-sees in Key West, please. Mostly fun photo-worthy spots and restaurants, please. 

I'll also be capping off my vacation with a visit to Dry Tortugas National Park and could not be more excited. Any tips for that park are also appreciated!!

Here's where I plan to go in Key West: 
La Te Da

Smallest Bar

Mile Marker 0

Blue Heaven

Better Than Sex (Dessert Restaurant!)

Mallory Square

Southermost Point

PS: I also got a new waterproof camera, so I can't wait to give it a TON of use! 

Thank you in advance!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Key West, FL, United States
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Tips Requested: Key West & Dry Tortugas National Park Next Week

I sailed to the Dry Tortugas on a sailboat as a kid. I remember it being very hot and with nothing on the island (old fort). Make sure you have water, sunglasses, a hat and sunblock 🙂 

Googler

Update: Key West and Dry Tortugas were AMAZING!

Check out my photos of Dry Tortugas National Park though here are a few favorites:

P8240215.JPGScreen Shot 2016-08-28 at 1.09.57 PM.pngP8240145.JPG

Key West was also amazing and let me just say, I'll be spending lots of time uploading my photos and reviews to Google Maps, so stay tuned! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

Please post lots of pictures, I'll be in Key West in December.

Are you planning on visiting Fort Zachary Taylor? 

Level 9

Oops, I didn't scroll down to the bottom. Nice pictures. 

Googler

@AlexPssn I did not make it to Fort Zachary Taylor but perhaps next visit. 🙂 

Level 8

Hi...

It's awesome photo's of place...

Can you share me location and history of this particular place....

@TraciC wrote:

Update: Key West and Dry Tortugas were AMAZING!

Check out my photos of Dry Tortugas National Park though here are a few favorites:

P8240215.JPGScreen Shot 2016-08-28 at 1.09.57 PM.pngP8240145.JPG

Key West was also amazing and let me just say, I'll be spending lots of time uploading my photos and reviews to Google Maps, so stay tuned! 🙂 

Ganesh Krishna Soordelu
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/107546818522123617136/reviews/@13.0054542,77.5676733,13z?hl=en
Googler

@GaneshKrishnaS Hi! My original post has the Google Maps location for Dry Tortugas National Park and you can learn more about its rich history by visiting the National Parks website