JordanH's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Strawberry Arizona Tour

Strawberry Arizona is a very small town you'd miss if you aren't paying attention. Its marked by a humble sign naming its keepsake in cursive. Its strange because you may expect to see plenty of strawberries but there aren't. Unfortunately my own research never answered this question and my experiment to grow Strawberries didnt go well.

This town is mostly for those we call "part timers" who vacation or live here only as the weather pleases them. Very few live year around because despite the short 22miles between Payson and Strawberry is a decent steep climb about a mile high and the weather is dramatically different. If its raining in Payson its flooding in Strawberry. If we have a violent wind or thunder storm Paysoners are completely naive.

Much of the homes resemble cabins and still stand unquie and strong. Generally our little town is bustling in the spring and fall with happy families. This location is ideal for hunting, fishing and camping retreats.

The most famously unknown fact is Strawberry has what we refer to as a blue jewel nearby. Its called fossil creek. Please read about this landmark jewel in its own subject category.

All those that reside here trully love our forest that history leaders worked so relentlessly to preserve so we ask vacationers to be mindful of our beloved forest, be aware and prevent water poisoning and wildfires. We have one fire station with two brave full time firefighters for just us! We take fires seriously. However come visit us and wave at each passing car with a smile and you'll receive a warm response from our peaceful residents. 

We caution you check weather and bring necessary gear to accommodate possible needs but dont be afraid to ask the locals for help! We know Strawberry well and on a good day nearly everyone around here is happy to help!

Visit us and plan a fun filled fishing trip at fossil springs or be soothed and awed by our natural hotsprings or enjoy some fresh air on our many hiking trails that may lead to waterfalls. You'll have to found out!

Strawberry, AZ, United States
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Strawberry Arizona Tour

Thank you @JordanH for sharing such interesting information about Strawberry!  I definitely hadn't heard of this community before but it seems like a hidden gem getaway with a lot to offer.  It looks quite beautiful and scenic.  Will definitely try to make it out there next time I am in Arizona.  Feel free to share photos for everyone to see until we get to experience the real thing 🙂

Level 4

Re: Strawberry Arizona Tour

You know the next time I go to the Phoenix area I will stop by and visit this town. I honestly thought that before reading this I thought that there was a place that had strawberry patches here and there somewhere in Arizona that I didn't know about and wanted to pick my own Strawberries. If it's possible having pictures of different places in your town with information of those places would be wonderful.