Rezgar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Sahoulan Cave

Sahoulan Cave is located in Sahoulan village, 42 km south-east of Mahabad city, between Mahabad-Bukan and 25 km from Bokan city in West Azarbaijan province. The height of the cave reaches the surface of the lake to 50 meters, and the depth of water reaches 60 meters in some places. The difference in temperature inside and outside the cave is between 10 and 15 degrees.

Sahoulan means "frost" in Kurdish language and locals call the cave "Kune Kutter", means the nest of the pigeon. The reason for this is the existence of a large number of pigeon nests inside the cave.

Source: Wikipedia
Photos: By Me

Sahoulan CaveSahoulan Cave

Best Regards
Rezgar 

Cave Saholan, Mahabad, West Azerbaijan Province, Iran
2 comments
Google Moderator

Re: Sahoulan Cave

Hi @Rezgar,

I like your photos, they are so clear and give a good view of the cave, even though they were taken underground! 

What impression did the cave leave on you when you visited it? Would you recommend the place to other Local Guides, seeing that your post is in the Travel and Advice board?

There are a lot of caves in Bulgaria as well, because we have vast regions of mountains. I've been to quite a few, but never to one with an underground lake! Do you really need a boat to explore the Sahoulan Cave, as I can see on one of your photos?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Re: Sahoulan Cave

Hi @DeniGu 
Thank you for your attention, my dear friend,

The Saholan Cave was very beautiful and attractive, the roofs and walls of these various forms were created and fun, it was part of the rocks adjacent to the route in the form of various animals such as lion, turtle and ...,
The next fascinating issue of the cave it was deep of water.
I would advise local guides to visit this beautiful cave.

Best Regards
Rezgar