Rhysfunk's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Route 66

Hello, Local Guides!

I wanted to introduce myself and put myself out there for one of my biggest passions:  Route 66!  I live in Tulsa, Oklahoma and have traveled all 2,400 miles of existing Route 66, which is still about 80% there.  You can get from Chicago to Los Angeles on the Mother Road and it's a great way to experience the culture of America in the 20th Century.  You've got big cities, rural communities, farmland, mountains, deserts, Mom and Pop Motels, kitschy roadside attractions, and so much more.  It's actually become a big point of interest for international tourism due to the variety of experiences that a road trip down the historic highway provides.

If traveling the Route is something you're interested in (either a small portion or the whole thing!) I'd be happy to provide resources and help you with any questions you have.  I will say that if you're looking for a turn-by-turn guide you can't do any better than Jerry McClanahan's EZ-Guide.  It's very detailed, easy to follow, and up-to-date!

Happy Motoring!

Tulsa, OK, United States
2 comments
Level 7

Re: Route 66

I love the shops, vending tables, and events in Tulsa. Great town. 

Level 1

Re: Route 66

I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico and this historic highway runs through the whole city! What's awesome is that when my 2-year old daughter is older I can tell her that her very first address was Central Avenue, Albuquerqe, which is a part of Route 66! Pretty cool if you ask me.