RickZamora's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Restaurant recommendations in Vancouver

Hey there! Travelling for the first time to Vancouver, Canada. Any restaurant recommendations? Seafood, Italian, japanese are our favorite restaurants. 

Vancouver, BC, Canada
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Restaurant recommendations in Vancouver

I am sure @Shirley have some great recommendations. She has just recently organised a meet-up in Vancouver and check out the recap here!

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

I am sure @Shirley have some great recommendations. She has just recently organised a meet-up in Vancouver and check out the recap here!

Level 9

Thanks @YanniY for tagging!

@RickZamora, Great to hear you're coming to Vancouver!! I have created a My Maps actually for some of my favourite restaurants in Vancouver, you can access it here.  This is actually a never ending list... and I keep adding more restaurants to it.

I noticed you mentioned Italian and I haven't gotten around to putting Italian restaurants onto the list but here are some of my top favourites:

• L'Antipasto
  • CinCin
  • Lupo
  • Ask for Luigi: Lots of people really like it here, I admit that the pasta is cooked al dente but I didn't love the flavours.  Also, very small restaurant, really long queues (no reservations).

As for seafood, I don't have a specific list, but many restaurants in Vancouver will serve seafood since we are by the water.  If you're looking for specific seafood restaurant then I would try:

On another note, Hawksworth is ranked #3 in Canada.  I had a wonderful experience when I ate there about a year ago.

Hope this helps.  Feel free to tag me if you have any other questions re Vancouver, food wise or anything! 🙂

Feel free to join our G+ community as well, you're welcome to post there for questions as well! https://plus.google.com/communities/113884184163116675430

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 3
Level 3

Just east of Downtown along Hastings Street you will find one of the best Italian food. In house made pasta (not packaged), sauces and much more. VERY large portions and reasonable prices. They have been there since I was a kid and the line up to get in is the only downside but worth it. Anton's is a family run restaurant that you will never regret going to. 

@RicardoZ wrote:

Hey there! Travelling for the first time to Vancouver, Canada. Any restaurant recommendations? Seafood, Italian, japanese are our favorite restaurants. 

Level 6

Hey Shirley!

This is awesome! Thank you for you recommendations! If you ever visit Mexico, don't hesitate to contact me. Promise to share a list of the many exciting places to visit and eat in the city. Saludos!

Level 6

Sounds exactly like the place we were looking for! Thank you DJ. Much appreciated! 🙂

Level 5

I am a fan of western cuisine. If Cheeseburgers and homemade fries are what you like...  I would like to recommend, Hamburger Mary's on Davie Street and the milk shakes are going to be a great treat. Afterwards the stroll through the neighborhood of west end Vancouver is a virtue.

LllM
Level 8

Others haven’t mentioned Japanese. My favorites include Suika for authentic izakaya, and Osaka Teppanyaki for Japanese seafood. Both on West Broadway.