olive92's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

New York

statue liberté2.jpg

New York is a monster. Everything is big, everything is excessive. I like getting lost in the streets of Manhattan and falling upon Little Italy, Chinatown or Little Portugal … I like watching pedestrians jaywalk, entering different arts galleries, admiring the architecture of modern or old buildings… I love discovering this city the way I want. Like most touristic activities, the Liberty Statue is a business for the Mafia. So, like a real tourist, I got caught in the trap. However, as with all misadventures, there is always a silver lining: there was almost nobody on this “unofficial” boat. That’s why I could get different points of view of the Statue of Liberty without moving too much.

centrale park.jpg

As with everything in the city, Central Park is huge. People can spend many hours in the park and even get lost. My New Yorker friends told me that this place contains the water reservoir for Manhattan.

dsc_0229.jpg

The Solomon R. Guggenheim museum is wonderful, both from the outside and the inside. Architecturally, this building is incredible, everything is round. Inside the museum, from the third floor, the view of Central Park is amazing.

Toronto will seem very calm, very quiet, very cute, when I get back for the rest of my stay.

Follow me at www.nomadsketch.com
Switzerland
3 comments
Level 8

Re: New York

Great elaborated experience @olive92

Level 1

Im happy you enjoyed your trip!!! I have lived in nyc for 12 years and have some suggestions if you ever want to come back to this fantastic city. 1. Korea Town - Full of culture and great food there is a fantastic restaurant on the corner call Turn Tables a hip Korean fried chick place. It is a little hard to find because you have to walk up a flight a strain in a whole in a wall office building lobby. 2. GO TO THE OTHER BOROUGHS!!! If you enjoyed exploring manhattan there a 4 more to do the same in. 3. Sunday and Saturday  Smorgasbord in Brooklyn. GO EARLY!!! for lunch because it can get crowded but the lines move fast and the fantastic food make it even more worth it. There is great food and drink, places to sit, live music, and views of manhattan. 

There are tons more to do but I want to keep this breif. THANKS FOR READING!!!!

Level 4

Thank you for the suggestions.

Hve good day

olivia