JTD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

Local Guide in Taiwan

Been living in Taiwan for 26 years. Originally from South Africa. Love scuba diving, triathlons, surfing etc.The Republic of China. National day: 10th October (Double Ten)The Republic of China. National day: 10th October (Double Ten)Scuba diving at Long DongScuba diving at Long DongEating "Shaved Ice"Eating "Shaved Ice"

Taiwan is a wonderful country to grow up in. Having lived and raised a family here, I have grown to love the place. Please feel free to post your photos and positive comments here for those who like to know more about Taiwan.
14 comments
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Local Guide in Taiwan

1381809684097.jpgOpposite side of the river from Taipei ZooOpposite side of the river from Taipei ZooTaipei 101 Father's DayTaipei 101 Father's Day1381809698823.jpg1381809699198.jpg1381809701341.jpg1381809701512.jpgBreakfast in WuLai after a have runBreakfast in WuLai after a have run1381809706558.jpgFuDe Keng at nightFuDe Keng at nightFuDe Keng at nightFuDe Keng at nightFuDe Keng at nightFuDe Keng at nightFuDe Keng at nightFuDe Keng at night1382054746057.jpg1382060626562.jpg1382660263998.jpg1382673291010.jpg1382673292400.jpgKending TriKending Tri1383212286655.jpg1383632972674.jpgCold winter's day run on the way to PingLinCold winter's day run on the way to PingLinCold winter's day run on the way to PingLinCold winter's day run on the way to PingLinCold winter's day run on the way to PingLinCold winter's day run on the way to PingLin1384562371617.jpgCold winter's day run on the way to PingLinCold winter's day run on the way to PingLinCold winter's day run on the way to PingLinCold winter's day run on the way to PingLinCold winter's day run on the way to PingLinCold winter's day run on the way to PingLin1384819346682.jpgRode over the mountains from Taipei to  Fulong 120KmRode over the mountains from Taipei to Fulong 120Km1385023913165.jpgFriend Fixing a punctureFriend Fixing a puncture

Taiwan is a wonderful country to grow up in. Having lived and raised a family here, I have grown to love the place. Please feel free to post your photos and positive comments here for those who like to know more about Taiwan.
Level 9

Welcome to Taiwan.

Former Google Contributor

Wow, thanks for sharing, @JTD! Can I ask if you have a favourite city in Taiwan after having lived there for more than two decades?

I've been to Taipei, Taichung, Hualien, and would like to know where else you'd recommend! I particularly like the vibes in Taichung, and Taiwanese are the friendliest! 

P.S I notice you have upload a lot of pictures here on Connect and while we love seeing photos, it may be good to note that there is a photo limit here on Connect (currently 1,000 photos). If you reach this limit, you'll have to delete older images before uploading new images. So we recommend — if you have many photos — to link us an album on Google Photos or anywhere else you have your photos stored. 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 8
Level 8

Dear @JeslynL

My favourite city, large town and island in/belonging to Taiwan are Tainan City, Taidong and Green Island.

Tainan City

The oldest city founded by the Dutch connected to PengHu Island and a small town in New Taipei City called PinLing, via the tea trade.

The new PinLing Tea Museum is a "must see" .

Taidong City

This is really a large town on the South East coast, below HuaLien. Beautiful scenery, beaches, cycling tracks, walks and fruit farms.

Green Island

A Ferry ride across from Taidong. Great beaches, snorkelling, scuba diving. Rent a scooter and ride. A trip to the old prison is worthwhile.

Level 8

Hi @JTD,

Can you read and write Traditional Chinese?  

你能讀寫台灣中文嗎?

Level 8
Level 8

Dear @JeslynL,

Your PS Note refers.

Thank you for the advice about photos. I really do have lots of photos. I am just not sure how to set up and reference them so that they will be connected to the relevant posts.

Kind regards,

@JTD

Level 8
Level 8

Hi @YK1001

100分之80會讀, 打字有點慢 。:)

Level 8

That is really nice, @JTD!

Chinese is considered as one of the most difficult text to read and write!

Level 8
Level 8

Thanks a lot @YK1001.  A very special language. Still learning, can never stop learning. 活到老學到老吧!

Kind regards,

@JTD