Andres_Vernazza's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

I moved from overseas to the USA and it changed the way I see the world

I just want to share my honest opinion to see if others had a similar experience. 
For the first 25 years of my life, I lived in Uruguay in South America.

It was amazing sharing a lot of experiences with friends and family, but I something was missing. 

I don't know how to explain it, but my personal fulfillment was missing. I was feeling empty inside and purposeless. 

Then, I decided to study in the USA, and it took me 2 years to figure out the "how to", and at the same time, I had to find a way I could afford. 

When I moved to the US, it was challenging at first, but that moment when I stepped out of my comfort zone, was the starting point of my personal growth. 

7 years later, I am a completely different person, and today I believe it is because traveling changes the way you see the world. 

Today, I encourage people to take that chance too. Back in the day, I was motivated by videos and pictures of other, and today I do the same. 

To question their own excuses, to create a plan and to take a leap of faith, because "there is light at the end of the tunnel".

Like the quote says: Traveling is the only thing that you spend your money on, and you become richer. 

Do you agree? have you had a similar experience?

St. Petersburg, FL, USA