Narendrak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

How to get through a long flight?

Traveling is a biggest experience one can have in any age group.

5 comments
Level 5

Re: How to get through a long flight?

Indeed @Narendrak

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm a movie buff so I'll usually watch 3 on the way and 3 on the way back (flights 9 to 10 hours). I have an old army leg injury and recurring blood clots so I get up and walk a lot and spend quite a bit of time standing. Even people without clotting issues should walk often, at least once an hour, to keep blood from pooling in the legs and clotting. I'm also chatty and love learning about others and will frequently ask my seat mate where they are from and strike up a conversation.

Level 7

On long flights, like the last one I had from Toronto, Canada to Hong Kong (15+ hours) I did and brought the following:

Brought comfy sandals to wear and not too tight socks, ankle socks usually are pretty tight, not good for blood circulation if you just sit there that long.

Try to walk or stand around every few hours.

Because of the time difference between the 2 cities, I did not sleep that night before so during the flight I was able to sleep (definitely bring a neck pillow) and when I got there my body had adjusted because it was 12 hours ahead.

I know you won't be 100% but when you are traveling not for business, once you step off the plane you wanna go and do something not, go to a hotel and sleep right?  lol

Bring some extra sugary or salty snacks to munch on and if you are not into the movie selection on the plane, bring you tablet or magazine to catch up on playing your video games or reading.

Hope this helps!

Former Google Contributor

@Narendrak @RichardT @Anonymous @ZuhairM 

There is actually a great thread about how to survive long flights here on Connect that you may want to check out 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @Corrie