Bonelenia's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Greece

Hi!! Are you coming in Greece for your holidays? You can choose any of the beautiful islands at Aigaio Pelagos, Ionio Pelagos or maybe thavel by car at  Halkidiki or Peloponisos.  Hot sun, clear sky ,  blue sea and good food are only some of the reasons why you should visit Greece this summer. Make sure you blend with the locals so you can get the real vibe of Greek people. Big smiles and open souls. 

5 comments
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Greece

I like to add also that Greece has interesting places all the year. If someone like country side, can discover mountains for climbing on Central Greece, or take a week on a Pilio villages that the view is breath taking. As main National Roads are completed, journey will be relaxing for drivers and passengers driving for every direction in mainland.

Level 6

Hello!

Dear Boneleina,

Can you please guide me, if I have to buy famous Greek liquor in sealed bottle, to take back to my country,  should I buy from Hellenic duty free shop at Athens Airport or from a local liquor shop in city or grocery store? Which will be less expensive.

Thank you in advance! 

Kind Regards, 

Archana 

Level 6
Level 6

I suppose you talk about Ouzo (when it mixed with water, it gets blurry). There are a lot of brands. Prefer a local liquor shop as you may have a change to find cheaper. Also I advice to take a change and taste Masticha liquor. it is sweet, tasteful after a dinner. We use to drink it after meals, on low temperature (2-3 Celsius) You can use it also in recipes for sweets.

Level 6

Hello FSE,

Thank you for your reply and suggestion on Masticha liquor. Yes you are right I want to buy Ouzo and Greek wine. I am staying near Syntagma square and in Google maps found Mr. Vertigo as a higest rated shop to buy liquor. Do you know any more shops in nearby syntagma square?

Thank you for your help

Kind Regards, 

Archana

Level 6

hi @Archana1 you can find Ouzo and bottled wine at any of the super markets, if you are looking for better price. Just ask the sales assistant and they will guide you. 

Prefer the airport to shop if you are traveling with hand language because they will take everything from you... 

In my oponion the best local brand for special Greek spirits is Kastro. If you like cinnamon flavor try the Tentura!

xx