Ravi1636's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

EXPLORING KASHI CITY (AN ANCIENT CITY OF WORLD)

HELLO, I AM RAVI PATEL FROM HYDERABAD, I AM PLANNING A TRIP TO KASHI(varnashi) FOR A MONTH TO EXPLORE THE ENTIRE CITY.

THIS CITY HAS BEEN DESCRIBED IN MANY INDIAN ANCIENT SCRIPTURES.

I WOULD BE HELPFUL IF ANY LOCAL GOOGLE GUID HELPS ME OUT IN EXPLORING THE CITY.

Kashi, Uttar Pradesh, India
9 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: EXPLORING KASHI CITY (AN ANCIENT CITY OF WORLD)

Hi @Ravi1636 and welcome to Connect!

There are quite a few Local Guides from that region, which I'm sure will be happy to help you, but before reaching out to them, I suggest you search the community for mentions of "Varanasi" to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag. Feel free to jump into these conversations and speak with Local Guides in/from Hong Kong. Here's a post written by @SudhanshuPandey that you may find very interesting and useful.

Since you are new in Connect, you might want to start by introducing yourself to the community in here. I also would suggest that you review the Program Rules as well as Tips: Using Local Guides Connect for better understanding on the use of the community and to make the best use of your time here.

Good luck and see you soon! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 7

@KlaudiyaG Would Love To Help Him Here
SUDHANSHU PANDEY
Level 5

Thankyou @KlaudiyaG  and I have a question for you..?

during my visit to Kashi city from past few days I have noticed that they are many people from eastern Asia  are visiting this place, due to my own schedule I couldn't take out time to have a conversation with them, I want to know from you that why is the flow of your tourism is much in this particular area when compared to other parts of India.

they are many many more places in India for tourism which is filled with historical places, religious places, adventurous places and many others, why not you visit those too.

Level 5

Hello Mr.PANDEY

Thank you for your interest, can you mail me your contact details so that I can contact you by telephone.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @Ravi1636,

Well, I do think that people in general like to travel differently. Some enjoy more to spend the day checking the tourist attractions, others prefer to immerse themselves in the culture itself as well as to travel like a local. Not to forget the backpackers, who adore going on trips and vacations to natural environments. You see, different people, different preferences. 🙂 India is such a huge country full of extraordinary treasures, that it's hard to choose where to go when you don't have much time or you are on a tight budget, which can complicate things. So keep in mind that people also base their decision on different criteria.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Namaste @Ravi1636
You are staying in Varanasi (Kashi) for a month? Wow! I am so jealous. It's my all time favourite city and I always put aside a week to visit there every time I go to India (currently planning my 10th visit).

Are you in Varanasi at the moment? Have you done an excursion to Sasaram yet? - Well worth a visit. There are other places that I want to visit myself, possibly during my next trip - Jaunpur & maybe Rajdari Waterfall. If you don't mind spending a night or two away from Varanasi, there's Allahabad & Bodhgaya to consider too.

I guess one of the reasons Varanasi is more popular than other places in India is because it is featured heavily in tour company itineraries. It's also well connected to other major cities like Delhi, Kolkata (by flight & rail)

The reason I originally wanted to go to Varanasi was just to see one of the oldest, holiest cities in the world and now I wouldn't go back to India unless I could spend a few days there 🙂

Best wishes.

Level 5

Namaskar @James8Arthur

Thankyou for your guidance, the places which you have mentioned i have visited all of them.

And i want to suggest you a book to read before you visit to varanasi next time.

Kashi khand is a part of SKAND PURAN, search for the language version in which you are comfortable, the part KASHI KHAND will explain you in depth about the ancient city, its birth, its geometric design as an yantra and its powers to connect to different dimensions.

they are many more detailed mentioned things about kashi in that book so do go through it and then you visit the city, your 10th visit will be a totally different experience when compared to last 9.

good luck

Level 5

Namaskar @James8Arthur

Thankyou for your guidance, the places which you have mentioned i have visited all of them.

And i want to suggest you a book to read before you visit to varanasi next time.

Kashi khand is a part of SKAND PURAN, search for the language version in which you are comfortable, the part KASHI KHAND will explain you in depth about the ancient city, its birth, its geometric design as an yantra and its powers to connect to different dimensions.

they are many more detailed mentioned things about kashi in that book so do go through it and then you visit the city, your 10th visit will be a totally different experience when compared to last 9.

good luck

Level 6

I will take a look at this book @Ravi1636. Thank you for your recommendation, do enjoy your time in Kashi