yatinsuleha's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Dubai, Love at The First Sight

I have to admitted that for the first time to the one of the city in UEA, Dubai that quite underestimate.

I thought it's gonna be just sun super bright (heat) and only desert.

But, touch down in October 26th last year at Dubai International Airport was making me starring for minutes. Jaw dropping! Huge with the tallest silver pillars I have ever seen. It's a new metropolis city.

I was spend 6 days in Dubai. And I thought if you wanna spend like only at least 3 days, I can give you the suggestion.

1. Come when winter is coming, it's start from September or October to May every year. In winter time the weather is between 17 or 20 celcius degree in the morning, and 32-33 celcius degree in the afternoon. Summer can touch 42 degrees celcius.

2. Prepare for a lot of attractions when Winter is coming (ussually some will more expensive too). One of the most attraction I suggest is Dubai Miracle Garden with 7,2 hectares wide flowers garden. Or Global Village also the biggest and the leading seasonal cultural extravaganza in the region that offers visitors an amazing array of festivals, shopping and entertainment (it is only open during Winter season). Both is family friendly zone.

3. Burj Khalifa is the iconic place. You can also seeing the tallest building in the world. The ticket at least US$38,00 for fast track or more. You can see the ticket also with special view, such as when the sun set. Easily can be seen by their web.

4. The most you have to see and try is Desert Safari. Took 9 hours or more (counting from they pick you up from the hotel until they take you back to the hotel). Not eating and drinking too much, because you gonna be experience something actively in dune bashing (off road over the desert). The super driver will killing the desert with sharp turn or they do it on purpose to experience some of their moves. I choose The Orients Tours for Desert Safari (ticket start from $153.00).

5. The other thing you have have have to see is to see the magic and dreaming just in front of your eyes, La Perle in Al Habtoor City on Sheikh Zayed Road (ticket US$68,00 silver one) --promise you, you will amaze. La Perle is a new era of entertainment. It is an interactive theatre experience in the live show that takes inspiration from Dubai’s past, present and future.

6. The last day I suggest chill at the Souk (I went to Grand Souk Old Dubai in Deira) to try to find souvenirs or to take pictures and gives you a glimpse of old Dubai. And chill to see the creek and Abra (little boat). So nice view.

Even both La Perle or Desert Safari is quite expensive, but it is so worth it to try. Try them in 1 day, and 1 day for La Perle, you will thank me later 😉 trust me.

Things you have to bring

1. Map (if you wanna take a little walk), water, nice shoes to walk, little towel/tissue.

2. Extra t-shirt to change if you feel little bit sweaty.

3. Use comfort t-shirt or clothes. Literraly when I was here, you can use tank top or sabrina upper clothes. When a lot of think that there forbidden to use that, I didn't see that. It is just okay. Just not using so very sexy, you are just fine.

4. I suggest you to rent a car to make your life easier. In Dubai everything is so wide, big, and astonishing.

5. You can also rent a tour guide to explain something maybe only in 1 place for 2 hours, you can do it. I got a tour guide for 3 hours from Luxuria Tours. It was fantastic! So, Dubai was a very very nice place. But kind of expensive. Well... it is all so worth it to be experienced.

in Burj Khalifain Burj KhalifaDesert Safari using Orient ToursDesert Safari using Orient ToursLa Perle - the amazing show in Al HabtoorLa Perle - the amazing show in Al HabtoorGrand Souk - Old Dubai near Dubai CreekGrand Souk - Old Dubai near Dubai Creek

Dubai - UAE
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Dubai, Love at The First Sight

Hey @yatinsuleha,

That's great advice for everyone who wants to visit Dubai. Thanks so much for making this post! I hope to see more of your experiences and tips here. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Re: Dubai, Love at The First Sight

Traveling off winter season is fine as well imo; February was warm but not hot. Additional activities to recommend:

• Cycling on desert bicycles outside Dubai (hosted by what I think was the municipality)
  • Taking the V.I.P metro to the marina (men are not allowed in the same part as women)
  • Taking a boat tour for a dirham next to the Gold Souk.