Rezgar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Damavand Mount

Damavand is a mountain in the north of Iran, the highest mountain in Iran and the tallest volcano in Asia and the Middle East. Mount Damavand was registered as the first natural work of Iran in 2008 in the National Iranian Book List. Mount Damavand has also been listed as "national natural effect" since 2002 in the number of valuable four areas in terms of environmental protection.
The height of this mountain is 5671 meters.

The minimum air temperature at Damavand Highlands is down to 60 degrees below zero (in the winter) and falls below zero (in the summer).
The speed of the storm in Damavand sometimes ranges from 150 km / h. Wind speed in the foothills sometimes reaches 70 kilometers per hour. Most winds are from the west and northwest.
The average rainfall in the Damavand Highlands is 1,400 mm per year, and rainfall in the highlands is usually snowy.
The air pressure at Damavand Peak is half the air pressure at sea level.

Foxes, jackals, dogs and wolves, clovers, rams, boars, rabbits, golden eagles, owls and bats spread around Damavand. These animals are also seen up to 4000 meters above Mount Damavand. The bears are also present in the area, but they are mostly seen in the west and north and stay away from high altitudes.

Damavand is a semi-active volcanic mountain formed mainly during the fourth period of the geologic period called the Holocene, and its first eruption occurred about 78.80 million years ago, but the maximum number of eruptions occurred from 600,000 to 280,000 years ago The lifetime of this mountain is estimated using the carbon 14 method of at least 38,500 years. The existence of several sulfur springs and hot springs is evidence of a semi-active volcano.

Source: Wikipedia
Photos: By Me

Damavand MountDamavand Mount

Damavand MountDamavand Mount

Best Regards
Rezgar 

Mount Damavand, Iran
8 comments
Level 8

Re: Damavand Mount

Awesome....!!

Level 10

Thank you for your attention, my dear friend, @KatkaAuer

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 8

Hi @Rezgar looking very nice place. I wish if i go there. Thanks for share with us.  

Level 10

You're welcome, my dear friend @bdmafuz

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 6

Hi @Rezgar

So this is a volcano. It looks awesome covered in snow, I wonder when the last time it was active?

Level 10

Hi Dear @James8Arthur 

Damavand is a semi-active volcanic mountain formed mainly during the fourth period of the geologic period called the Holocene, and its first eruption occurred about 78.80 million years ago, but the maximum number of eruptions occurred from 600,000 to 280,000 years ago The lifetime of this mountain is estimated using the carbon 14 method of at least 38,500 years. The existence of several sulfur springs and hot springs is evidence of a semi-active volcano.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 6

Thanks @Rezgar.

Level 10

You're welcome, my dear friend @James8Arthur

Best Regards
Rezgar