Cosmasnzilili's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Community visits should be part of tourism and focus on rural areas

This came by chance.  We bumped into three interesting community tourism attraction that you may consider including in your packages. 

We are a community based organization taking care of abandoned children as well as conserving the environment around us. We are located next to Tsavo national park bordering the Chyulu hills to the west. 

We work closely with the Kenya wildlife service, Serena hotels and the local community. We occasionally receive visitors to the rescue centre. Once here, they can stay at the centre or at Serena Kilaguni lodge. 

Recently we received guests from the USA and we exposed them to some of our hidden traditions. 
1. A visit to one of the remaining elderly traditional healers and doctor/seer
2. A day at the rescue centre; some liked working at the farm or watering the cattle
3. A visit to a group of unadulterated traditional dancers in their own residence.

I have attached some photos to give a clue of my explanation.

Review and give us your opinion here.
Dancing with local women whovdo it like it was always done.Dancing with local women whovdo it like it was always done.

Regards

Cosmas
Chyulu Hills National Park, Kenya
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: Community visits should be part of tourism and focus on rural areas

Hello @Cosmasnzilili

You may not realize it but this post comes off as spam or self-promotion in the Local Guides community. Please note per the community guidelines that we do not allow promotional posts of any kind. Please be sure to review this post here which lays out the best practices for writing a good post on Connect!

I am not available to respond on the weekend