anntheerak's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Chiangmai Songkran Festival 2017

Hi everybody.... This is to announce loudly that our Chiangmai Songkran Festival will take place during 12-16 April, 2017...  All main Highway Streets in Thailand will have a terrible traffic jam because everybody returns to their hometown to celebrate this festival.  Grand Pa & grand ma are cleaning up their home waiting for sons and daughters to visit.  So please plan your journey in advance.  Attached herewith pictures of the festival... enjoy...

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.JPG6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

Chiang Mai, Mueang Chiang Mai District, Chiang Mai, Thailand
5 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Chiangmai Songkran Festival 2017

Hey @anntheerak,

Great photos and a very useful post. Thank you for sharing! I am actually visiting Thailand at that time and I didn't know that this is the Thai New Year.

See you around!

- Nadya

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Hi Nadya!  Yes! Songkran festival is a new year for all Thai... we normally close all business during 13-14-15 April every year... 13th is Songkran, 14th is memorial day for the old and 15th is a family day... and everybody who works faraway from home will return to their hometown... it is the good time for son and daughter to visit their parents...  we will have a lot of good activities during the festival for example we go to the temple in the morning for religious ceremony... and  we build sand pagodas... we have fun with water splashing.  If you were in Thailand during the festival... you can join our new year... Have Fun!

Former Google Contributor

Thanks for this @anntheerak! Have a great holiday! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 6

Hope you enjoy in this year too.

Level 7

Thank you Butterfly TH... you too, have a great Songkran with your family