cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4
Level 4

Californians moving to Tacoma

Hello All,

I'm about to move to Tacoma.  Wanted to know upon what is deducted from checks when living in Washington?

And what area is safe to live in? I hear good things about all surrounding cities of Tacoma, but I hear South Tacoma is somewhere I should avoid?

Thanks for you help!

6 comments
Level 7

Re: Californians moving to Tacoma

I've been living in the South Tacoma suburbs for about a month now, near Wapato Park. I haven't figured out all the employment deductions yet.

I hear about car break-ins in the area every few weeks, and it's a neighborhood scandal if someone drives through and dumps a few bags of trash in an alley. 

Level 4
Level 4

Thanks for the advice! Is there any other crime around the area? Or any "safe" areas in Tacoma?

Level 6

I'm from SoCal. How are you liking the area? Did you find a new place to call home yet, or still feeling out the area?

Level 4
Level 4

Yup! I found some neighborhoods that are good look Fircrest, UP and North End is pretty good! 

Level 6

Good! Glad to see you found a good area! 

Level 5

Sorry this is late, but after years of experience in Google Map Maker and a full clear expert, now inexplicably find myself back, early badges for local guides.  How sad.  Trying to solve a simple and clear cut, yet quite intractable map demarcation problem, and render or obtain a fix. 

OK:  if you are now already here, as we approach December, and wish to call a local in the know, pls reach out, David Korn 253 214-4282, work at home, so can often pick up.  Welcome.  People are nice.  Rains more--long term--in NY or NJ, yet we get it all at once, but folks are very nice here.  Really nice.   Racially diverse.  Military is a salutary influence--I am NOT a conservative, but can see the pattern.  WAY nicer than Seattle.  Just don't operate your life off the freeway, as bad as San Diego or Los Angelas.  Beauty, moderate climate, social richness results in crowding.  Intensely so.  Congestion beyond belief.  

Hope you made it here OK, there is good here, bad here, indifferent here.  You probably already made a major decision, but if I can help, gladly even de facto.  Joined as a guide today, when thought I was already a credentialed map maker--no need to say, smiles.  Gamification.  Make everyone your customer.......... holy cow.