JuliaRoss's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Best Patio Dining in NYC - 20 Hottest Places to Dine Outside In New York City?

What are the best locations for patio dining in New York - NYC Residents and Visitors? We are traveling to NY in September.  I love to visit rooftop patios and have a cocktail before dinner - visit the best restaurants to dine outside as much as we can.  What are your 20 Hottest Places to Dine Outside in NYC?

We are staying in The Central Park area, but will be there for 4 days - so make suggestions anywhere on the island.  This is what Eater published in 2015 - 20 Hottest Spots in New York to Dine Outside but I know Local Guides will have more suggestions.

Eater - Hottest Places to Dine Outside in NYEater - Hottest Places to Dine Outside in NY

Traveling Executive - Sharing good vibes and local experiences with the world - It is better to experience something once than to hear about it a thousand times. Travel On. Experience the world.
New York, NY, United States
5 comments
Googler

Re: Best Patio Dining in NYC - 20 Hottest Places to Dine Outside In New York City?

Hi Julia!
I went to Google Maps and searched for "outdoor seating restaurant in New York, NY" (among a few terms) to refresh my memory of a few places with outdoor seating. Here are a few places: 

Blockhead's (not far from Times Square and while it's local chain Mexican, it's quite good and a fun vibe after work)

Bryant Park Grill

The Pavilion

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 8

Re: Best Patio Dining in NYC - 20 Hottest Places to Dine Outside In New York City?

Humm @TraciC Mexican Food in New York City 🙂  Rembering ther Pace Picante commercial which probably dates me a little but everyone knows I am turning 50 - standing proud. 

Many thanks for the recommendations!  I will take a look at these.

@TraciC wrote:

Hi Julia!
I went to Google Maps and searched for "outdoor seating restaurant in New York, NY" (among a few terms) to refresh my memory of a few places with outdoor seating. Here are a few places: 

Blockhead's (not far from Times Square and while it's local chain Mexican, it's quite good and a fun vibe after work)

Bryant Park Grill

The Pavilion

Traveling Executive - Sharing good vibes and local experiences with the world - It is better to experience something once than to hear about it a thousand times. Travel On. Experience the world.
Former Google Contributor

If you are coming during the summer sidewalk patios are everywhere 🙂 

Trestle in Chelsea has a little walled back patio and the food is great. 

Former Google Contributor

Also, this list is irrelevant if it doesn't include Gallow Green at the McKittrick Hotel. Its one of the most beautiful rooftops in NYC. The view at sunset is lovely. 

Level 7

Salvation Taco has a rooftop dining area (featured in RHONY, but that could be a plus or a minus!). If you're in DUMBO, Gran Electrica has a great backyard patio. So does Rabbithole in Williamsburg.  Narcissa at the Standard Hotel in NoHo also has a great outdoor dining area. For rooftop bars, definitely check out the Standard Hotel at the High Line. I haven't been in a while, but the Empire Hotel near Columbus Circle used to have a great rooftop bar as well. Enjoy!