BrynnS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

Re: Attention Foodies! what is the best dish you have eaten? where? why? & a picture (if you hav

IMAG0511.jpg

My pick is the chocolate lava cake at Mediterraneo in Norwalk, CT. Best dessert I've ever had!

Connect Moderator

Re: Attention Foodies! what is the best dish you have eaten? where? why? & a picture (if you hav

For me it would be dining at Sukibayashi Jiro in Tokyo. After eating sushi there, I got really picky eating sushi anywhere else. I actually found myself eating sushi less in general after that.

A few photos below, but for complete album check out the following link 🙂 Sukibayashi Jiro - Roppongi Hills

The master at work!The master at work!

IMG_20140324_114609.jpg

IMG_20140324_115303.jpg

IMG_20140324_120830.jpg

IMG_20140324_121919.jpg

Level 7

My favorite is Pozole (Hominy).  It is a corn based soup with beef, chicken, or pork added (my favorite is pork). Pozole is topped with shredded cabbage, radishes, onions, and chili.  Eaten with tostadas, (hard shell tostadas). Some people spread sour cream on the tostada.  Pozole can be eaten homemade or canned...but for more authenticity you want to make it homemade, from scratch which has quite some preparation.   

Pozole is a mexican dish found almost in every mexican restaurant in Mexico as well as here in the United States.  One of my favorite places to eat when I don't make it at home is at a farmer's market place in East Los Angeles called El Mercadito.

3425 E 1st St, Los Angeles, CA 90063  You can ride the Metro Gold Line to Indiana Station and it's just a walking distance from there.  

My second favorite place is in Vernon, CA in a swapmeet called Alameda Swapmeet 

4501 Alameda St, Vernon, CA 90058  You can ride the Metro Blue Line to Vernon Station and it's just a walking distance from there. 

You can check out some videos on preparation or people eating it. Search "Mexican pozole rojo" 

Glad to be of service!
Level 1

Have to say that Pozole is also one of my favorite Mexican dishes 🙂 I like it with chicken 

@EN SebahN wrote:

My favorite is Pozole (Hominy).  It is a corn based soup with beef, chicken, or pork added (my favorite is pork). Pozole is topped with shredded cabbage, radishes, onions, and chili.  Eaten with tostadas, (hard shell tostadas). Some people spread sour cream on the tostada.  Pozole can be eaten homemade or canned...but for more authenticity you want to make it homemade, from scratch which has quite some preparation.   

Pozole is a mexican dish found almost in every mexican restaurant in Mexico as well as here in the United States.  One of my favorite places to eat when I don't make it at home is at a farmer's market place in East Los Angeles called El Mercadito.

3425 E 1st St, Los Angeles, CA 90063  You can ride the Metro Gold Line to Indiana Station and it's just a walking distance from there.  

My second favorite place is in Vernon, CA in a swapmeet called Alameda Swapmeet 

4501 Alameda St, Vernon, CA 90058  You can ride the Metro Blue Line to Vernon Station and it's just a walking distance from there. 

You can check out some videos on preparation or people eating it. Search "Mexican pozole rojo" 

Level 9

Vetiki fishVetiki fish

Today suddenly I came through this article and found helpful. I would love to share my "Vetki fish" menu which I had during my trip to Puri, last year. The dish was given by Puri Hotel staffs during my lunch and the taste was awesome.

@TraciC I hope you love this Vetki dish. 🙂 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus
Googler

Oh no, @DrShaunak. I have a confession: I don't eat ANY fish or seafood AT all! 🙂 

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Level 9

ohh. I did not know that.

I remember a college friend who is a pescatarian (a person who does not eat meat but does eat fish.). 🙂 

Local Hero: Mapping Calcutta’s Hospitals | Instagram | Facebook| Twitter | YouTube | LGSummit16, LGSummit17, SVT18 alumnus