PetrVot's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Answers, ideas, recommendations

This topic is for people visiting or planning a visit to Prague. If you have any questions about your plans, local restaurants, customs, public transport or what so ever, just raise a question and I will try to help you, if I am able.

Praha, Česko
2 comments
Level 4

Re: Answers, ideas, recommendations

I would like to also know some great places in Prague. I have some mates that are going in May.

Level 8

Re: Answers, ideas, recommendations

First day: Hey, as a one day plan I suggest taking a walk from Wenceslas Square (Muzeum metro station) through Old Town (visiting Orloj - astronomical clock on Old Town Square), where is a quick clockwork show every hour, then walk by a riverside with a great view at Prague castle to The Charles Bridge (bridge from 14th century). Walk on the bridge to the other side, where you can continue up to Prague castle, where I recommend to visit inside of Saint Vitus Cathedral and Golden street. After going through the Prague castle, there is a tram station. If you have some time left, you can visit Royal gardens at station "Královský letohrádek" - three minutes by tram or Strahov monastery where is a great view at the city. Also there is a recommendable church called Lorette, where is a chime every hour. For the evening I sugget to visit some pub or bar and grab a czech famous beer. Another days: For another day you can visit Petřín (and spend a full afternoon there if it is a good weather) and then you can walk straight to Strahov monastery, if you haven't visit yet. Another suggest to spend a sunny day is chilling at Vyšehrad. Also you can have a panoramatic view at the city from the highest building of Prague - Žižkov Television Tower. If you want to make a trip outside of Prague, you can go to Český Krumlov or Kutná hora.