MacJordan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

5 Top Things To Do in Edmonton, Alberta

Spring is finally here and soon, it will be SUMMER in a couple of months. There are a number of exciting things to do in Edmonton, Alberta.

I relocated to Edmonton 2 years ago and can't seem to get enough of the cultural and historical things to do in the city. Check out the list of attractions and activities to do in Edmonton and nearby areas. I hope this will help you to plan a perfect trip to Edmonton someday. From historical sites to cultural attractions, you are welcome to explore the exhaustive list of all other local attractions in Edmonton.

Below are my 5 Top Things To Do in Edmonton, Alberta: 

1. West Edmonton Mall

This is the largest t shopping mall in North America and perhaps one of Edmonton’s most popular tourist attractions. The mall has most of the popular international brands and several restaurants serving global cuisine. The main highlights are the attractions within the mall are:

• Galaxyland: The world’s largest amusement park.
  • World Waterpark: The world’s largest indoor wave pool and numerous water slides and rides.
  • Sea Life Caverns: An underground aquarium with fish, penguins, sea turtles and plenty of other marine life.West Edmonton Mall, EdmontonWest Edmonton Mall, Edmonton

2. Fort Edmonton Park, Edmonton

Fort Edmonton Park is a must-see attraction that provides the best in living history. The park has original as well as rebuilt structures that represent the history of Edmonton. Interpreters and actors in period costumes bring the past to life as you wander through a time that harks back to the origins of Edmonton and its trade and development. Visitors can also ride in a steam train, shop for curios; engage in games and fun activities throughout the park. 

ATM machines are located near the train station gift shop with a number of vending machines and food stands in the park. Bicycles are not permitted in the park and racks are located at the front entrance of the Park.Fort Edmonton Park, EdmontonFort Edmonton Park, Edmonton

3. Whyte (82nd Avenue) Avenue, Edmonton

Whyte Avenue is one of my favorite places in Edmonton. The street oozes small-town charm in the heart of the city. There are numerous quaint shops, fun bars and some of the cities best restaurants.

It is a perfect place to visit whether you want to shop or just grab a drink and hangout with friends. During the month of August, the area comes alive for the Fringe Festival. The vibe is relaxed and fun with something on offer for everyone.

PS: I live three blocks away from Whyte Avenue :P. 

Whyte Avenue, EdmontonWhyte Avenue, Edmonton

4. Muttart Conservatory, Edmonton

One of the first places I visited when I arrived in Edmonton was the Muttart Conservatory. This is a botanical garden located 7 - 10 mins away from Whyte Avenue and Downtown. It is a well-known landmark in Edmonton and houses public gardens, greenhouses and five glass pyramids for plant displays. Nature lovers can immerse themselves in beauty of the vibrant plant life.

The Temperate Pyramid, the Arid Pyramid, The Tropical Pyramid and The Feature Pyramid contain numerous plant species native to different climatic zones. The fifth Pyramid is smaller and has a skylight that illuminates the central foyer. The conservatory also has a gazebo, a cafe, and a gift shop.

Muttart ConservatoryMuttart Conservatory

5. Art Gallery of Alberta, Edmonton

As an art lover and technology enthusiast, this is one of my favorite places in Edmonton. With a collection of over3000+ works of art that include paintings, sculpture, installation, and photography, the Art Gallery of Alberta is a must visit for art enthusiasts. This place is located in downtown Edmonton on Sir Winston Churchill Square. 

The architecture of the building is also noteworthy with its glass, steel and zinc structure and dynamic design. The exhibition space is spread out over three spacious floors that visitors can take their time exploring. There is also a restaurant, a gift shop and a theatre on the premises. 

Art Gallery Of Alberta, EdmontonArt Gallery Of Alberta, Edmonton

Are you planning on visiting Edmonton anytime soon? Hope you find these recommendations useful. Did your favorite place miss my Top 5 places? Please share yours and hopefully, I can include them in my next post. 

Edmonton, AB, Canada