Rezgar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

10 Most Beautiful Castles In Germany - Schwerin Castle

To visit a German castle is to step into a fairytale setting, where castles sit atop high mountain peaks, their towers and turrets reaching to the sky. Germany is famous for its castles, with their pasts filled with knights, dukes and the devastation of wars. The castles, which boast a rich history, have been restored to their former glory and, in some cases, are lived in by families of the founders. Their treasures include previous artifacts, paintings, furniture, and weapons.

5. Schwerin Castle
Built between 1847 and 1857, Schwerin Castle originally housed grand dukes before becoming state-owned. In times past, Schwerin Castle has been used as a teachers’ college, a hospital and a museum.

Schwerin Castle is surrounded by lakes and forests and is composed of a variety of towers with golden domes and sparkling pinnacles. The castle’s architectural structure is widely admired and its attention to detail has caused Schwerin Castle to be considered one of the most significant architectural creations of the romantic historicism era in Europe.

Take a turn in the romantic garden of this famous German castle and enjoy the charming arrangement of parkways, flower beds and sculptures in the orangery. Considered one of the most impressive baroque gardens in northern Germany, Schwerin Castle’s gardens offer elements of the English landscape, Italian architecture, and French style.

Enjoy the castle’s museum displays magnificent living rooms, the throne room, beautiful ballrooms, a gallery of paintings, the ducal collection of hunting and parade weapons, fine china and silver.

And if you love a good ghost story, ask about Petermännchen, the castle’s very own poltergeist believed to play mean tricks on unsuspecting wrongdoers. When it comes to the best German castles, there’s no question as to why Schwerin Castle is one of the highlights on our list.

Ralf Gosch - Schwerin CastleRalf Gosch - Schwerin Castle

Thanks, CHARLENE BUCHANAN 

Best Regards
Rezgar  

Schwerin Castle, Lennéstraße, Schwerin, Germany
6 comments
Level 9

Re: 10 Most Beautiful Castles In Germany - Schwerin Castle

Hi @Rezgar:

Thanks for sharing some information about this castle in Germany. 

I do, however, want to remind you of the 4th core value of Connect - "We're original." Please be mindful of what you share and credit any written information that is extracted from other sources. 

Thanks!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 10

Hi @Shirley  
Thank you for your attention, my dear friend,
I always write source or writer of some my topics.
In this topics, I wrote a writer and owner of the photo in the post.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Former Google Contributor

Woah! This one is a real masterpiece. Thanks for sharing it, @Rezgar. 🙂 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Thank you, my dear friend,  @NadyaPN

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 9

Thanks @Rezgar for excellent photo and information about this castle.

Level 10

You're welcome, my dear friend @helga19

Best Regards
Rezgar