Rezgar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

10 MOST BEAUTIFUL CASTLES IN GERMANY - 1

To visit a German castle is to step into a fairytale setting, where castles sit atop high mountain peaks, their towers and turrets reaching to the sky. Germany is famous for its castles, with their pasts filled with knights, dukes and the devastation of wars. The castles, which boast a rich history, have been restored to their former glory and, in some cases, are lived in by families of the founders. Their treasures include previous artifacts, paintings, furniture, and weapons.

1. Neuschwanstein Castle
Nestled in the Bavarian Alps and overlooking Hohenschwangau Valley is the idyllic, 19th century Neuschwanstein Castle. Built at a time when castles were no longer strategically critical to defense, the mysterious Ludwig II insisted on having his own lavish hideaway and ordered the castle to be built anyway. Ironically, just a few weeks after the king’s passing, the Romanesque palace intended for him alone opened its doors to the general public.

Today, millions of people travel to Neuschwanstein Castle to explore the shy king’s private refuge and enjoy its stunning landscape and vistas. Often called ‘The castle of the fairy-tale king’, Neuschwanstein Castle and the story of its fanciful reclusive king have garnered much international attention, making it one of the most popular castles in Germany.

Not even mogul Walt Disney was immune to the charms of this famous German castle. Disney’s iconic castle depicted in the movie Sleeping Beauty and its real-world Disneyland counterpart was inspired by Neuschwanstein Castle. Between the sweeping views and the captivating legends of the mad King Ludwig II, exploring Neuschwanstein Castle is the perfect way to spend a day in Germany.

Neuschwanstein Castle - Yury DmitrienkoNeuschwanstein Castle - Yury Dmitrienko

Thanks, CHARLENE BUCHANAN 

Best Regards
Rezgar

Neuschwanstein Castle, Neuschwansteinstraße, Schwangau, Germany
6 comments
Level 9

Re: 10 MOST BEAUTIFUL CASTLES IN GERMANY - 1

@Rezgar Lovely post and awesome picture of the castle!

thanks for sharing!

I ❤️ being a local guide! My contributions
My Connect Profile
Level 10

Thank you for your attention, my dear friend, @MiaMaria 

I will share another castles next day.

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 10
Level 10