Gio51x's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: canals, dams, hydroelectric plants, hydraulic works around the world with Street View

wow @Gio51x,

Thanks for sharing these! I especially liked the first photo. It's a beautiful landscape. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Re: canals, dams, hydroelectric plants, hydraulic works around the world with Street View

@NadyaPN  

thank you, if you like landscapes will tag you in the posts you publish about landscapes and architecture or where the context is really nice that a painter would make a painting ... today with SV around the Veneto then a passage to Naples and then Venice ... but a Venice unknown to tourism and therefore the city of unknown but very characteristic places ... 

the SV of Bruges that I published yesterday is a point where they change the water levels for navigation, the image that is at the beginning of the thread is in Italy in an area where there are many channels ....  

thank you for your appreciation and for the kudoes ...

See you soon...

Level 10

@NadyaPN 

@BakulMehta 

@Anonymous 

@Rezgar 

@HUMBERTO_V 

in Central Europe, especially in Germany but also in some areas of East Asia, there are real elevators for medium-sized boats, particularly in the River Rhine and in other places where large barges, freight or passengers, have to overcome major differences in altitude, like mountains or hills. there is a fluvial engineering network of hydraulic bridges, that is to say, elevators are once mechanical structures that are now automated and with a water loading / unloading lift in the sense of lifting large boats or barges vertically through giant elevators that lift a piece of the canal with the water inside containing the boat or the barge and take it to a higher level even 30 -50 meters higher up where it is joined to another channel with a water exchange system like the Panama Canal, and then once at the top, the boat resumed its journey in another channel that travels further upstream.
These operations are now in great safety in some places without letting people down .... it is high hydraulic engineering technology and these elevators are perfectly inserted in the landscape context that is the environmental impact is fine, are not structures that alter the vision and liking landscaping, new technologies have simplified the lifts that I will publish in the meantime I show you a colossus of navigation translation the famous Falkirk Wheel Site  

Level 10

@NadyaPN 

@BakulMehta 

@Anonymous 

@Rezgar 

@ErmesT 

@HANEN_ 

@ValeriaA_ 

@HUMBERTO_V 

@Sariga 

@TorM 

if I resume painting this setting I find it particularly striking the yellow house on the left with the tree and the canal alongside ...

Level 10

Great , nice photos , Thanks a lot @Gio51x

Level 10

Hi @Gio51x

Here's Roggero dam in Moreno, Argentina:

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 10

@BakulMehta 

@ValeriaA_ 

@NadyaPN 

@Anonymous 

@Rezgar 

intrafluvial navigation boats moored at the mouth of the Naviglio del Brenta in Fusina near Venice, Italy.

Level 10

dear friend 

@ValeriaA_  

next week I will come to Moreno with SV for an exploratory tour starting from the area of this dam.

See you soon.

GIO '.

Level 10

@ValeriaA_

Nice view of Roggero dam in Moreno, Argentina

BM63
Level 10

@Gio51x

Nice one

BM63