Kamalhasnainee's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: Your Country's Best Cultural Programs/Festivals

You may like also about the Culture/Festivals in your country-

@BudionoS @Hela @gabkarsan @HelloSamsonR @Ch-Marwen @YK1001 @HoudaR @FaridTDF @FrancM @Briggs

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

wow this festival looks like so much fun! So colorful and lively 🙂 @U-royFelixA

Level 10

Than you for your kind words @Kamalhasnainee I'm also still feeding my the photos you shared earlier. Very colorful. 👌

Level 10

@AkmalB Thanks immensely. I'm glad you like it.

Level 10

Thanks @DiAnaUS It is really fun and colorful 👌

Level 9

@AkmalB Thanks. @U-royFelixA Really the view of the carnival of Nigeria is very beautiful and attractive. Where everybody can participate with this carnival. In Bangladesh there is a 'Mongol Shobha Jatra' in the time of Pohela Boishakh, It is also a big rally in our country. More about Pohela Boishakh@TraciC @ErmesT @ShafiulB Mangal Shobhajatra at Pohela Baishakh in Bangladesh. UNESCO recognizes Mangal Shobhajatra as cultural heritage.

Mangal Shobhajatra at Pohela Baishakh in Bangladesh. UNESCO recognises Mangal Shobhajatra as cultural heritage. (Web Source)Mangal Shobhajatra at Pohela Baishakh in Bangladesh. UNESCO recognises Mangal Shobhajatra as cultural heritage. (Web Source)Bangladeshi girls wearing traditional sari with flower crown on Pahela Baishakh celebration in Chittagong, 2016.(Web Source)Bangladeshi girls wearing traditional sari with flower crown on Pahela Baishakh celebration in Chittagong, 2016.(Web Source)Colorful celebration of Pahela Baishakh in Dhaka.(Web Source)Colorful celebration of Pahela Baishakh in Dhaka.(Web Source)

Bangladeshi eat festive foods on Pohela Boishakh. These include panta bhat (watered rice), ilish vaja (fried hilsa fish), and various special bharta (pastes).

Pohela Boisakh festive meal. (Web Source)Pohela Boisakh festive meal. (Web Source)

Thanks

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

@Kamalhasnainee so rich in culture! Beautiful!!! I love festivals like this, it is a great reminder of traditions and to show appreciation for it 🙂

Level 9

Thanks @DiAnaUS for your nice comments here !

@DiAnaUS wrote:

@Kamalhasnainee so rich in culture! Beautiful!!! I love festivals like this, it is a great reminder of traditions and to show appreciation for it 🙂

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 9

You are welcome dear @U-royFelixA

@U-royFelixA wrote:

Than you for your kind words @Kamalhasnainee I'm also still feeding my the photos you shared earlier. Very colorful. 👌

Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 10

@Kamalhasnainee Thanks for inviting me to this thread. Just as @U-royFelixA said earlier on, Nigeria has many cultures and if we start sharing them now it would take you two years to read this post Lol. 😂

I want to share with you one of the cultures of my country Lagos, Nigeria. 

LAGOS CARNIVAL

Held during the Black Heritage Festival, the tradition of the Lagos Carnival has ben held for over a century and is a celebration of the city's acenstry and the plurality of its identity. Street carnivals were first held by the returnee emancipados and their decendants from Brazil, Cuba, Sierra Leone and Liberia, who brought with them a vibrant culture that still exists today, one of which evolved in 2010 into the pulsating and exiting experience that is the Lagos Carnival. Preparations involve the employment of thousands of artisans who are gainfully engaged for about six months prior to each carnival. These artisans produce all the thousands of beautifully designed consumes as well as the decorated floats locally.

This is an annual opportunity for Lagosians to celebrate with each other and enjoy the colours, dancing and flamboyant artistry of Carnival day. You can find more here at this link below :

https://www.lagosat50.org.ng/home

Find below some interesting pictures from the Lagos carnival :Ooni of Ife Right, one of the biggest Traditional Ruler  in Africa visiting Badagry Museum at the Lagos Carnival.Ooni of Ife Right, one of the biggest Traditional Ruler in Africa visiting Badagry Museum at the Lagos Carnival.

lagos-carnival-21.jpg

lagos-carnival-18.jpg

lagos-carnival-15.jpg

lagos-carnival-10.jpg

lagos-carnival-02.jpg

lagos-carnival-03.jpg

lagos-carnival-01.jpg

lagos-carnival-22.jpg

lagos-carnival-14.jpg

lagos-carnival-11.jpg

lagos-carnival-15.jpg

lagos-carnival-04.jpg