DrYashPaulSharma's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Ujjayanta Palace, Agartala, Tripura, India

Ujjanta Palace, TripuraUjjanta Palace, TripuraThe Ujjayanta Palace is a museum and the former palace of the Kingdom of Tripura situated in Agartala, the capital city of Tripura, India. 

Ujjanta Palace, Tripura_2Ujjanta Palace, Tripura_2Ujjanta Palace, Tripura_3Ujjanta Palace, Tripura_3The palace was constructed between 1899 and 1901 by the King of Tripura, Maharaja Radha Kishore Manikya under Martin and Burn Co. (now, Martin Burn Limited) and stands on the banks of two lakes surrounded by gardens inspired by the Mughal style . It was the home of the ruling Manikya dynasty until Tripura's accession to India in October 1949.

The palace was purchased from the royal family by the Government of Tripura in 1972-73 for Rs. 2.5 million, and used to house the State Legislative Assembly until July 2011. Ujjayanta Palace is now a State Museum and it primarily showcases the lifestyle, arts, culture, tradition and utility crafts of communities residing in northeast India, along with a lot of stone sculptures, coinage of the Manikya dynasty and some other artifacts.

The name Ujjayanta Palace was given by Rabindranath Tagore, the first Nobel Prize laureate in Literature in Asia and a frequent visitor to the princely state as guest of the Tripura royal family.

(Source: Wikipwdia, Photos are mine)Replica of Ujjanta Palace, TripuraReplica of Ujjanta Palace, Tripura

Ujjayanta Palace, Palace Compound, Indranagar, Agartala, Tripura, India
11 comments
Level 6

Re: Ujjayanta Palace, Agartala, Tripura, India

Its beautiful

Level 10

Great @DrYashPaulSharma keep it up

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 9

Thanks dear

Level 10

Thanks @DrYashPaulSharma fori info and beautiful pics. I will visit this place next time when I visit Tripura.

Level 9

Thanks sir, it's really a nice place to visit.

Level 8

Hi @DrYashPaulSharma

Great pictures and this place is worth visiting more than once.

Looks like peaceful and relaxing.

AJ Singh
Level 9

Thanks dear

Former Google Contributor

The place looks beautiful, @DrYashPaulSharma.

Why don't you organize a Meet-up with other Local Guides in your area. I am sure you will come across a lot of fascinating facts about the history of the Ujjayanta Palace. (By the way, this is a really hard name to be said from a Bulgarian.) 

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

@DrYashPaulSharma

You are welcome 😊

AJ Singh