AaliG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Two-Week Getaway in the Southeast

In continuation to my previous post, I have created this 8 minute long video of our trip in the Philippines, Hong Kong, and Macau. I apologize if my hands were too shaky but I tried my best to capture the beauty of everyday life in these three places.

If there's one thing I miss from the Southeast, it's that our money has a lot more value than what it is here in the States, particularly Los Angeles. Don't get me wrong; if you've seen my other posts, you'll know how much I love my current city (about as wide as the whole of SoCal). But it feels almost like a detox from the "oh geez, gotta spend my last $5" days the whole time I was there.

Historically, these three are heavily influenced by China, particularly Hong Kong and Macau (well, it is technically in China). It is very visible with their culture and food. Just to let you know, my current food obsession is soup dumplings (xiao long bao) so you can just imagine how happy I am to be able to try a new place everyday. I also had my first genuine Szechuan. It was quite the experience. 

So for travelers looking for the next place to visit, try and check out Southeast. It has all the culture you'd ever want to experience.

Feel free to share the video! 🙂

Southeast Asia