Palsoft's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

To Toronto for Ice Hockey

Hello fellow Local Guides! I'd like to use this first post as an example of what Local Guides tips and recommendations gave me when traveling. I was a long time MapMaker and when the LG started i transferred smoothly to this newer idea. I was little bit surprised that my uploaded photos received more then 1,6M views, so I decided to write reviews of businesses I love to go for a foreign tourists also.

Last winter holiday i decided to go the Junior Hockey World Championship in Toronto. You might say - nothing special, but yeah, for me it's going to be a crossing to another continent through traps of winter-time transport schedules, winter storms and to top of that, fighting with my flu 😄 Everything went well in the end and i was lucky to see Reykjavik, Toronto, Niagara Falls and many other sights along my way.

I was happy as ever to get into the London - just to fight the flu in the hotel's bed :DI was happy as ever to get into the London - just to fight the flu in the hotel's bed 😄The next day I indeed staggered like a mummy, but I ran around all I wanted to see and it was quite the performance despite the illnessThe next day I indeed staggered like a mummy, but I ran around all I wanted to see and it was quite the performance despite the illnessSt. Paul's Cathedral, LondonSt. Paul's Cathedral, London4.jpgAt Wonderland, I planned to spend there most of my time, but at the end of the day I can't find any remains of energy so I slowly took a further transfer station..At Wonderland, I planned to spend there most of my time, but at the end of the day I can't find any remains of energy so I slowly took a further transfer station....which was Iceland's Reykjavik. Enthusiasm of the fact that I can maybe for the first time in my life spot the Northern Lights (and I saw them on the plane going back) was quickly replaced by the fact that a huge winterstorm was raging in Iceland and I could also worry about my connecting flight to Toronto.. I slept one night in Iceland and in the morning I walked through it while fighting the headwind and snow...which was Iceland's Reykjavik. Enthusiasm of the fact that I can maybe for the first time in my life spot the Northern Lights (and I saw them on the plane going back) was quickly replaced by the fact that a huge winterstorm was raging in Iceland and I could also worry about my connecting flight to Toronto.. I slept one night in Iceland and in the morning I walked through it while fighting the headwind and snow.They fought with these the elements at the Keflavik airport too, which ultimately resulted in a nearly 4-hour delay of my flight and also missing the game of our Slovak team against USA. I took the lesson that if I need to fly somewhere on time, it certainly will not be over Iceland and not with the WOW air airline :DThey fought with these the elements at the Keflavik airport too, which ultimately resulted in a nearly 4-hour delay of my flight and also missing the game of our Slovak team against USA. I took the lesson that if I need to fly somewhere on time, it certainly will not be over Iceland and not with the WOW air airline 😄I came to Canada on the same day in the evening and the next day I went to look back at the "crime scene" - Air Canada Centre arena, where our young Slovaks play their preliminary round games.I came to Canada on the same day in the evening and the next day I went to look back at the "crime scene" - Air Canada Centre arena, where our young Slovaks play their preliminary round games.What 'ya looking at?What 'ya looking at?Air Canada CentreAir Canada CentreIn the center, like a decent Canadians, they had this ice rink installed with this inscriptionIn the center, like a decent Canadians, they had this ice rink installed with this inscriptionBut the Slovaks have a day off on the 29th, which I used to move with Megabus (for one dollar) to the town of Niagara Falls and the most famous work of nature.But the Slovaks have a day off on the 29th, which I used to move with Megabus (for one dollar) to the town of Niagara Falls and the most famous work of nature.Niagara Falls, OntarioNiagara Falls, OntarioIt's like Las Vegas of canadian south, more oriented at childrenIt's like Las Vegas of canadian south, more oriented at childrenWhat would it be for a city tour without visiting the highest tower?What would it be for a city tour without visiting the highest tower?CN Tower - the tallest free-standing structure in the Western HemisphereCN Tower - the tallest free-standing structure in the Western Hemisphere17.jpgEveryone goes through the glass like a poo poo :DEveryone goes through the glass like a poo poo 😄After CN Tower, I quickly ran to the ferry that goes to the island of Toronto Islands. Very good relaxation from the bustle of the city right in the big city. On this beach, there is a swimming all over the place in the summer. I prefer myself to be even better wrapped in my scarfAfter CN Tower, I quickly ran to the ferry that goes to the island of Toronto Islands. Very good relaxation from the bustle of the city right in the big city. On this beach, there is a swimming all over the place in the summer. I prefer myself to be even better wrapped in my scarfBecause of this I wanted especially to go here - shoot a panorama of the city. But what I didn't know was that in the winter the ferry runs on the completely opposite side of the island and if i want to see a "no tree" view, I have to pay 7.50 Canadian dollars and go over 6 km by footBecause of this I wanted especially to go here - shoot a panorama of the city. But what I didn't know was that in the winter the ferry runs on the completely opposite side of the island and if i want to see a "no tree" view, I have to pay 7.50 Canadian dollars and go over 6 km by footLet's go back to town. We play a match in the evening!Let's go back to town. We play a match in the evening!Rooting for our boys with "Toronto Slovaks"Rooting for our boys with "Toronto Slovaks".. and we quite succeeded. We saw a first and really the only win of our team in the group stage, which ensures our participation in the quarterfinals.. and we quite succeeded. We saw a first and really the only win of our team in the group stage, which ensures our participation in the quarterfinalsAnd that's all folks from this quick view.And that's all folks from this quick view.

Toronto, Ontário, Kanada
7 comments
Level 7

Re: To Toronto for Ice Hockey

Sounds like you had an amazing trip. I am glad you enjoyed Toronto - it is such a beautiful and vibrant city.

Level 8

Ahoj @Palsoft Pěkné fotky. To musel být skvělý zážitek. Na hokeji jsem byl nejdál na MS v Bratislavě. Díky za sdílení.

Level 1

@Palsoft  Wow, I have never been to Toronto but definitely want to after seeing this post! It seemed you had a vacation completely packed with exciting things. What a journey to Canada as well, getting to go to Iceland.

Level 3

Wow! Looks like you had such an awesome trip! 🙂 

Level 7

Great photos @Palsoft I hope you had a great time in Toronto!

Level 7

@MariahK It is nice in Toronto - we do call it Down Town Canada - meaning the whole world lives there.  Very Multi-cultural.  Just a few hours away is Windsor Ontario,  Canada.  I live there.  Across from me is The USA.  Just a one minute drive - It is a Boarder City - and, if you like Toronto - You will love Detriot Michagan - hope you make it here.  I started a Windsor Ontario Local Guides community - check it out.

Level 10

@Palsoft Nice photos. thanks for sharing....