samsie's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

The Nigerian Cameroon border

I was privileged to visit the border between Nigeria and Cameroon and realised what a blessing it is that I live right at the end of Nigeria.

it was an exciting trip today as I set out with my brother and his wife. My brother is a pastor and today was an exchange of pulpit for rural pastors to swap preaching points with urban pastors. 

I offered to join him as I knew there would be opportunities for exploring.

We left calabar at 7:25am and got to Ikang bakassi at 8:16am.

it was a scenic drive with children bathing in road side ponds and villagers  going about their idyllic lifestyle. 

The journey went through akpabuyo local government area then on to bakassi local government area.

The church happened to be right beside a hotel called anthovera hotel which was wrongly mapped so first thing I did was relocate the map marker. 

AFter the church service we went on a guided tour with one of the members who is a policeman at the border post.

i was excited to see speedboats pulling up from Cameroon and also boats being loaded to leave. The journey by sea takes 1;45mins to Cameroon.

We met an immigration officer who was on his way to check the papers of the traders leaving for Cameroon.

i took photos of a badge belonging to NNPC the national oil corporation which had been floating at sea for years and had finally lodged itself at the pier. 

We left for calabar at 12pm and today was one of the best sundays in this year so far for me.To the east of the pier, the coast line spreads out with the bluest skies I’ve ever seen in my countryTo the east of the pier, the coast line spreads out with the bluest skies I’ve ever seen in my countryA young man hurries off to the speedboat taking him and his goods to Cameroon.A young man hurries off to the speedboat taking him and his goods to Cameroon.Customs office waiting to get busy with tariffs on the imported bananas and drinks we sawCustoms office waiting to get busy with tariffs on the imported bananas and drinks we sawMountain peaks of Cameroon just visible in this photoMountain peaks of Cameroon just visible in this photo

6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: The Nigerian Cameroon border

That's really cool, @samsie! Thanks for sharing your journey here with us. I'd love to see more photos of it. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 7

Thank you so much @NadyaPN i sure will upload some more under the post soon

Connect Moderator

What a lovely experience @samsie

Thanks for sharing with us 

Kind regards 

Sagir 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 7

Waoh.....

What a journey!

What an experience also!

Thanks for sharing with us!

Looking forward to more pictures

Level 9

Nice adventure there.

Like everyone else, I want to see more clicks.

Nigeria  
Level 10

This is the kind of stories we travelers like to read! Short and nice post! 

Always happy improving the maps and connect here!