TariqMahmood's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My lovely New Mirpur City AJK

Chowk Shaheedan a famous round about in New City Mirpur AJKChowk Shaheedan a famous round about in New City Mirpur AJK

Mirpur (more usually known as New Mirpur City) is the capital of Mirpur district and is the largest city of Azad Kashmir. The city itself has gone through a process of modernization, while most of the surrounding space remains agricultural. Mirpur is known for its grand buildings and huge bungalow-houses primarily funded through its ex-pat community, which comes chiefly from the uk, Europe, Hong Kong, Middle East and North America. The main crop cultivated throughout summer is millet and pulses. However, there are places where different crops like wheat, maize and vegetables also are grown. The manufacture of quality rice from the paddy fields of khari Sharif between upper Jhelum Canal and Jhelum river are very famous and in style for its aroma and taste. the production of electricity, through Mangla Dam makes this district somewhat uncommon within the entire region that provides energy needs for Azad Jammu and Kashmir and Northern Punjab province.

A significant portion of the population from the district migrated to the UK in middle to late Fifties and in early Nineteen Sixties. For this reason Mirpur is usually called “Little England”.

Several products from the United Kingdom are found in this city. Several outlets within the town accept the pound sterling.

The Government of Azad Jammu and Kashmir has successfully endeavored to develop Mirpur as an industrial place and promote non-public investment for establishing, foam, polypropylene, synthetic yarn, motorbikes and scooter, textile, vegetable oil (Ghee), wood and sawmills, soap, cosmetics, marble, ready-made garments, matches and rosin, turpentine industrial units within the area. Incase we can say that whole of the economy depends on Mirpur generated economy of Azad Kashmir but, much of the infrastructure still wants improvement to get very high quality products.

Check out a few pictures in this album A few pics of new and old Mirpur AJK

@Anonymous  @

@blackwidower @RashmiM 

@AkmalB @AlejandraMaria @Badruddeen @TorM 

TariqMahmood
New Mirpur City
16 comments
Level 8

Re: My lovely New Mirpur City AJK

Hi Tariq @TariqMahmood

Ok. Cool. But how many people on 1 motorcycle? 

Thanks for sharing.

Salaam

Anonymous
Not applicable

@TariqMahmood Wao what a awesome city, you are doing great job to save your documentaries on Local Guides Connect

@ValeriaA_ @SalmaanN @NareshDarji @iDepp @NabilhaNif @169746 @AdnanSami70 have a look please

Level 8

@Badruddeen I am happy to hear that you are enjoying my stories. I was with my 4 kids on motorbike. 

Good afternoon from Paradise Kashmir

TariqMahmood
Level 8

@Anonymous Brother I always find you a co-operative and supporting person. I also get inspired from your motivation. And also thank you for sharing my story.

Good afternoon from Paradise Kashmir

TariqMahmood
Level 10

Hi @TariqMahmood

Haha 😁😁 I think the only city in the world,which is a second England and Pound sterling currency is acceptable in the city,

The great tourists family is looking awesome,

Thanks for sharing some of the nice facts of the city,

Have a nice time

Level 8

@AkmalB Hopefully you will visit mini London city soon and experience the tradition of my lovely city. You will be warmly welcome to Paradise Kashmir.

Good Night from Paradise Kashmir

TariqMahmood
Level 8

Hello brother @TariqMahmood

Please take care when you ride with them on the motorcycle. Is everyone wearing helmets? Must wear helmets all the time. 

Cheers

Level 8

@Badruddeen Brother thank you very much for your concern. I appreciate your valuable words. I will try my best to wear proper safety gear during riding motorbike.

Good morning from Paradise Kashmir

TariqMahmood
Level 8

Hi @TariqMahmood bro.

Thanks for sharing information about your city with us.. It is interesting to know that several outlets accept pound sterling there. Photos looks great.. 

And thank you, @Anonymous bro for tagging me..

Vellore Local Guides