Moadh_AYARI's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Megalithic art in Makthar

The megalith art is the use of  huge rocks for artistic purposes (Mégas means great/ Lithos means stone).  This megalith had been built around 5000 years BC in Makthar (North western of Tunisia and very known by its archelogical sites). Unfortunately, this site is located very close to a national route, the traffic has a direct negative impact on it. 

Makthar's megaliths.jpgMakthar's megalith 2.jpg

Makthar, Tunisie
2 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Megalithic art in Makthar

Hi @Moadh_AYARI and welcome to Connect!

Too bad, I really hope that the appropriate people will find a way to preserve the stones. Do you, by the way, have some picture of the art itself? I'm very interested to check them out. 🙂

Since you are new here, allow me to share some information you may find helpful in making your experience here on Connect much more enjoyable and easier to navigate:

Looking forward to your reply.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 6

Re: Megalithic art in Makthar

@KlaudiyaG, thanks for your warm welcome (even i don't see myself as new as i introduce myself twice in April and May, hhh).

The problem that i have lost my memory card which i saved some photos to the same edifice ). I see that destruction is due to unplanned urbanism as many archelogical sites become trapped into residential blocs.