Christi_Wardani's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

JAPAN: Smiling Folks, Pretty Foods, and Picturesque Sceneries

Ninja, Samurai, Shrine, Kimono, Onsen, Sushi, Ramen and Anime are among words that are crossing my mind when thinking about JAPAN.

Elements that I can't find at my home country and should make me curious about this Sakura country.

Visiting Japan is one of my biggest dreams in life. My dream came true. It is still my dream, though, to visit Japan again and again.

I think I am deeply in love with the land of the rising sun, its people, culture, and sceneries. Let's take a look at what I got.

The Japanese

They are so helpful, efficient, friendly and tough!

It is a 233-meter mountain with hundreds of stairs to climb on to reach its top.

The foot of the mountain was crowded with people started walking the flat path before meeting with hundreds of stairs.

The numbers of people kept decreasing as I climbed higher and not many people could reach the top of the mountain.

Even the ones who reached it were wet of sweat and having panting breath. Including me :-).

Not with this 93-year old man and his daughter. They are humble and friendly, and we decided to capture the moment!

His stamina reflects his dietary habit, lifestyle, and mindset. He taught me to live a purposeful and vibrant life.

At the Top of Mount InariAt the Top of Mount InariThe Route to the Top of Mount InariThe Route to the Top of Mount InariAt the Foot of Mount InariAt the Foot of Mount Inari

I stayed at the same hostel with a family from Yamanashi. They stayed just next to my room.

The lady smiled and bowed a little when I walked passing her room and a kind of invited me to have a chit chat with.

One of the men even showed his exciting expression when noticing that brought a Japanese camera, Canon G7x Mark II.

The Yamanashi family came to Kyoto to take care of their culinary business and there we met.

It was not long for us to get close. They can’t speak English and I can’t speak Japanese.

Can you imagine in what language do we speak to each other? We spoke with facial expressions and body language.

It was fun, though!  And we didn’t forget to capture the funny moment.

The Yamanashi FamilyThe Yamanashi Family

After that I also met with many other cheerful and kind local people, but not as surprising and touching as this one.

How can I forget this innocent-looking young man. He is a cable-car officer who sang for us.

He sang our national athem as soon as he knew where we came from.

I grabbed my camera fast to record him singing our “Indonesia Raya”!

It seems he admires my country as great as I admire his country. What a cross-cultural experience!

His touching action did not stop there. This time we also spoke to each other using body languages.

He asked me to open my palm and put a seed on it. Then, he asked me to raise my palm.

I was a bit confused about what he liked me to do. But my confusion soon came to an end when

within seconds a bird flying down to my palm and ate the seed!

He taught me a balance of nature where human can live with trees and birds side by side.

Arigato, sensei!

How can I not love the people. I feel honored to cross paths with those kind and honest people.

The Food

They are carefully made and beautifully engraved. Taste good too!

I stumbled upon an eating hut in the middle of lust green surrounding of Nara.

To me, it looks like a scene from a movie where a wandering ronin finds a place to rest and eat.

Don’t you think so?

Mizutani Chaya, NaraMizutani Chaya, Nara

I entered the hut and found a well-designed room.

The owner welcomed us and brought us a menu.

Soon I ordered Karaage (Japanese fried chicken) and Udon.

The food was presented in small portion (Japanese eat small portions) on red trays.

Not only looked good, the food tasted as good!

Karaage and UdonKaraage and Udon

I also met with the chef in person and had the chance to take a picture with him.

Nara 07.PNG

Trying new foods is one of the things I like the most when visiting foreign lands as foods reflect local people’s culture and way of life.

Here are many other new foods I tasted during my visit:

RamenRamenSushiSushiJapanese Rolled Eggs, Cold Tofu, Bacon Steak, etc.Japanese Rolled Eggs, Cold Tofu, Bacon Steak, etc.TakoyakiTakoyakiMochi, Bread and Matcha TeaMochi, Bread and Matcha TeaBentoBentoYatsuhashiYatsuhashiGrilled SquidGrilled SquidMatcha Ice CreamMatcha Ice CreamSoba Mie and Red Bean Matcha IceSoba Mie and Red Bean Matcha Ice

The Scenery

Every inch is so clean and outstandingly beautiful.

I was impressed with this small station on my way to Kinosaki. It was so clean with scenic background.

Japan also has well-arraged gardens. And look at the Koi fishes! They are so big and vibrant.

There are also cable cars to reach mountaineous areas where grand shrines and temples are usually located on.

And the one with the eggs, it is a tamago egg shop where we can buy and deep-boiled the eggs into the Onsen water.

A small station on my way to KinosakiA small station on my way to KinosakiTenryu-Ji Temple, KyotoTenryu-Ji Temple, KyotoImperial Nijo, KyotoImperial Nijo, KyotoGinkaku-ji, KyotoGinkaku-ji, KyotoKokoen Garden, HimejiKokoen Garden, HimejiMount Shosha, HimejiMount Shosha, HimejiKokoen Garden, HimejiKokoen Garden, HimejiA Tamago Shop, KinosakiA Tamago Shop, Kinosaki23.PNG

I visited 9 cities during this trip. I planned the trip with the help of travel sites and Google Maps.

Google Maps helped a lot with the routes, transportation schedule, and train ticket prices.

Japan is a country with a complex transportation system and without Google Maps I would had got lost!

Japan
5 comments
Level 9

Bls: JAPAN: Smiling Folks, Pretty Foods, and Picturesque Sceneries

nice view,information and good photo. nice to meet u ..i am from indonesia.. japan near indonesia

Level 5

Terima kasih banyak, Masbi for taking the time to see my post. Have a nice day! 

@Masbi wrote:

nice view,information and good photo. nice to meet u ..i am from indonesia.. japan near indonesia

Level 9

your welcome christi...please come to indonesia because have many food and destination

Level 5

Hi, nice to meet you too, Masbi. In which part of Indonesia are you from? (Which city and island?).

@Masbi wrote:

your welcome christi...please come to indonesia because have many food and destination

Level 9

i live in yogyakarta city at central java island ..