Prodeep's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

High-voltage IPL T-20

Flags laid out for the fansFlags laid out for the fans

It's hard not to attend a live event when the popular local team plays in any part of the globe! Like the NBAs and the English premier league football, on this side of the world, its cricket! The Indian Premier League(IPL) is unique in all respects with yet-to-debut cricketers to cricket stars from across the globe with demi-god status, fat paychecks, Bollywood owners, rocking music, dancing cheerleaders, screaming fans and add to cart, the big brands ecosystem that wants to exploit every inch of visibility in this high- voltage excitement, all packaged in a 20-overs each, 3-hr action-packed frenzy not exceeding the length of a Bollywood movie!;)

Cheering for the local teamCheering for the local team

Such was one show yesterday at Mumbai's Wankhade stadium between two IPL teams Mumbai Indians vs Kolkata Knight Riders.
Mumbai Indians won to keep afloat their chances for the qualifiers.

Posing with the LG tag on phonePosing with the LG tag on phone

Of course I couldn't resist a chance for a pose with the Local Guides logo tag on the phone! 😉

Cheers!

Watch a video here:

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
3 comments
Level 7

Re: High-voltage IPL T-20

Hope you had a great time watching IPL at one of the most iconic stadium i.e Wankhede at Mumbai. 

I too had a chance to visit Wankhede and experience the awesome Indian Premier League last year. And I thought of sharing my experience with you and the community. 

In India, there's a lot of talk about Women's IPL, but its been ages that we haven't seen any progress on the topic. To show our support to the idea, we got this banner printed and took it to the stadium to watch Mumbai Indians vs Sunrisers Hyderabad. 

ipl-cover-pic.jpgwomens-ipl-wankhede-banner.jpg

The whole idea was to spread awareness about Women's IPL and show our support to the concept. 

We have been promoting women's cricket in the country and you could read more about my story here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/See-you-at-Local-Guide-Connect-Live-2018-He...

google-plus.pngtwitter.pnggoogle-maps.pnglinkedin.pnginstagram.png

Level 8

Hi @vishalyadav

This is a great initiative you have undertaken to promote Women's Cricket and wish you lots of good luck and success in the near future!

If not already, it won't be long before the Mithalis and Jhulans become common household names like the others and this kind of initiative will do a lot good for budding cricketers.

Of course media plays a big role in this, social or otherwise.

The marketing potential of a Women's IPL could surpass all limits set earlier and scale new heights for all the no. of brands that associate with it, in addition to what they have.

Will forward your website link to groups for awareness.

Cheers!

Level 7

Hi @Prodeep,

thank you for your kind words. Mithalis and Jhulans are already a household names. It's high time the administrators took a note and plan something on the lines of Women's IPL / similar domestic level tournament to nurture grassroot cricket development in the country. 

More about this project here:

Facebook 

Website

google-plus.pngtwitter.pnggoogle-maps.pnglinkedin.pnginstagram.png