Re: First Solo Trip - I

Hi @KarenVChin @SergeySud

Ok. Sailing is on. And what's missing is my email. 😂😂😂

I haven't got my email yet. 

Cheers Karen

Level 5

Hey @SergeySud

Thank you for the information which is very interesting and historical. I do agree the most significant architecture is The St. Basil Cathedral which caught my eyes when I was physically in the Square. Also, The St. Basil Cathedral was one of the reasons I came to Russia, just like a Fairy-tale :))))) So, I could actually see it by naked eyes, not on the internet or travel agency advertisement 😉 

Based on your information, I guess The St. Basil Cathedral was built before The Kremlin, right?  

By the way, although "Red Square" is the real name but I think it is a beautiful mistake and an easier name for tourist to remember :))) 

Alexander Spade
Level 5

Hey @KlaudiyaG,

I am not sure that you are interested but I would like to share with you 🙂 

Alexander Spade
Level 5

FYI, the new post has been uploaded, welcome to check it out 🙂 @RashmiM @Badruddeen @SergeySud @NadyaPN @ElyasE @TimBull @TorM @Gusela13 @ShaikMohammed

Cheers, 

Alex

Alexander Spade
Level 8

@AlexanderSpade wrote:

FYI, the new post has been uploaded, welcome to check it out 🙂 @RashmiM @Badruddeen @SergeySud @NadyaPN @ElyasE @TimBull @TorM @Gusela13 @ShaikMohammed

Cheers, 

Alex

Thanks Alex

Cheers

Level 5

Hi everyone, 

I have found some more photos about Moscow Trip on my phone 🙂  

An Entrance of The KremlinAn Entrance of The Kremlin

One of the main entrances to get into the Kremlin. 
Armoury ChamberArmoury ChamberDormition Cathedral & Cathedral of the ArchangelDormition Cathedral & Cathedral of the Archangel

Tsar CannonTsar Cannon

Here is more information about Tsar Cannon
Troitskaya BashnyaTroitskaya Bashnya

Cafe PushkinCafe Pushkin

The best restaurant I have been in Moscow - Cafe Pushkin :))))) 
BorschtBorscht

I am not a big fan of soup but frankly, I truly love it :)))) When you visit Russia / Ukraine, Borscht is the soup you MUST try!!!!  

Alexander Spade
Level 8

Hi @AlexanderSpade

Excellent for sharing more photos.

Thank you.

Cheers

Level 10

@AlexanderSpade  написал (-а):

Hey @SergeySud

Based on your information, I guess The St. Basil Cathedral was built before The Kremlin, right?  

I'm afraid that I completely confused you. That's why I made the map.

And herewith the timeline:

The Kremlin

In 1339, the walls and towers of oak were built. In 1366-1368 the wooden walls of the Kremlin are replaced by walls and towers made of local white stone.

In the second half of the 15th century, a radical restructuring of the Moscow Kremlin began. Simultaneously with the construction of the Grand Princely Palace and the renovation of the Kremlin Churches, the construction of new Kremlin walls and towers was underway. Since 1485-1495 under the leadership of Italian architects, white stone walls and towers were dismantled, and new red bricks walls were erected in their place.

The Red Square

This Square appeared around 1495. The square was called Veliky Torg (Great market) or simply Torg (Market), then Troitskaya by the name of the small Troitskaya (Trinity) Church, burnt down in the great fire during the Tatar invasion in 1571. After that, the square held the name Pozhar, which means "burnt". It was not until 1661-62, when it was first mentioned by its contemporary Krasnaya name.

The Saint Basil's Cathedral

The Saint Basil's Cathedral, is located in Red Square. The building was built from 1555–1561. For 100 years it was the city's tallest building. The original building, known as Trinity Church, contained eight churches arranged around the ninth. The tenth church was erected in 1588 over the grave of venerated local saint Vasily (Basil). On his behalf the church received a second, better known name. Many times the Cathedral was rebuilt, by 1722 in the Cathedral there were already 18 churches.

Vasilievsky Spusk Square

The square is located behind the Saint Basil's Cathedral. In the 18th century on the site of the current square were houses. The area was formed as a result of the reconstruction carried out at the beginning of the 19th century. In 1936 all buildings were demolished in the square. 

Level 5

Wooow, Kremlin has a very long history. Vasilievsky Spusk Square is different than The Red Square... I thought it is one square in the area LOL 

Now, I understand. That is a brilliant timeline to make my mind clear :)))

Spasiba, @SergeySud 😉 

Alexander Spade
Former Google Contributor

Your post @AlexanderSpade is on point! Not that I'm surprised or anything. 🙂 I have one question though, did you try some Russian delights or any other type of food and if so what was your favorite?

Cheers,

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!