AlexanderSpade's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

First Solo Trip - I

Hi everyone, 

About 2 years before, I have done one craziest thing in my life. On 12/06/2016, I jumped on a plane, then flew to a country. After around 27 hours, I finally arrived the country where I have been always dreaming to visit. Let's have a guess before seeing the answer in the first picture. 

"MOCKBA""MOCKBA"

"MOSKBA" is Moscow in Russian.  The answer is Russia. I have landed on the next day afternoon.  Now, I would like to share some pics with you 🙂 

Russian OfficerRussian OfficerThe KremlinThe Kremlin 

It was just exhausted after a long flight, so I did not explore much for the first day. The photos in the below were taken when I have stayed in Moscow, Russia for a few days. 

The Red SquareThe Red SquareThe Moscow RiverThe Moscow RiverCathedral of Christ the SaviourCathedral of Christ the Saviour

Moscow State UniversityMoscow State UniversityNovodevichy ConventNovodevichy Convent
Victory monument in Poklonnaya HillVictory monument in Poklonnaya Hill

Next StopNext Stop

The architecture in Moscow is absolutely magnificent and fascinating, especially for "The Red Square" where is the spirit of Moscow :))))

A little secret about "The Red Square", Red in Russian is “красный”; Beautiful in Russian is “красивый”, they are almost the same, even the pronunciation. That is why she is so gorgeous ❤️

The dream was not just a DREAM; it has become TRUE!!!!  
The story will be continued, please feel free to leave any comments and feedback. 

Life is too short; the world is too big. 

Thank you for your time on my post & hope you enjoyed it 😉 

Cheers,

Alex

Alexander Spade
Moscow, Russia
39 comments
Level 9

Re: First Solo Trip - I

@AlexanderSpade

I can understand your excitement. I did it in 2009 and I cannot tell you how exciting it was. 

Level 5

@RashmiM That is awesome!!!! I am glad you have visited this beautiful country 🙂

Alexander Spade
Level 8

Fantastic @AlexanderSpade

Thank you Alex for sharing your adventure with us.

Cheers

Level 10

Hi @AlexanderSpade

Awesome photos!

I want to tell a little about the Russian officer:

@AlexanderSpade  написал (-а):

Russian OfficerRussian Officer

This is a very famous character in the Russian-speaking world. His name is Uncle Styopa. 

Uncle Styopa - is a series of poems written by Russian poet Sergey Mikhalkov. It was largely due to this set of poems, written during the 1930s. More than 250 million copies of the poems have been sold.

The poems featured a brave and noble guy Stepan Stepanov (or Styopa which is a diminutive of the Stepan) who was unusual due to his extreme height.  He performed various acts of good will, such as rescuing people, preventing train crashes, helping firefighters, stopping a school bully or working as a police officer for the Soviet Militsiya. Styopa is a wise, brave, generous, noble, fun-loving character. He fights against injustice and serves as an inspiration to the pioneers. More info on Wiki.

I was able to find a cool video with a mix of an old Soviet cartoon (1964) + a new English translation by Maria Miller Stone. The translator called the main character as Mr.Stevens 🙂  

Fragment of the story with a traffic lights (which we see on the photo of @AlexanderSpade) - at 10:38.

Also I was able to find one of the verses in English translation - the hero's name is Tom the Tower there https://booklerium.livejournal.com/64889.html

Level 9

@SergeySud very interesting. 

@AlexanderSpade I've never been to Russia. Always wanted to go. Now I'm inspired. 😁

Manchester UK Local Guides: https://goo.gl/tBYxXm (Come Join us!)
Level 8

Thank you @SergeySud

Cheers

Level 5

Hi @SergeySud

Thank you very much for the details about the Russian Officer 🙂 I did not know this was a story before it until I watch the video which was a very interesting cartoon!!!!!! Is it the reason that there are many young helpers in the Moscow metro? I think they look very similar to Mr Stepan :))) 

Thanks for sharing it again, I am so impressed 🙂 

Cheers, 
Alex

Alexander Spade
Level 5

Hi @TimBull 

Thank you for spending time on my post. I am glad to hear that these photos have inspired you 🙂 When you have time, should have a go visit this gorgeous country! Will be more photos soon, please keep on eyes 🙂 

Cheers,

Alex 

Alexander Spade
Level 10

Thanks for watching, @AlexanderSpade.

By the way, fun fact - the Uncle Steyopa author, Mr. Sergey Mikhalkov had the opportunity to write the lyrics of  both Soviet Union and Russia national anthems on three different occasions, spanning almost 60 years!

I'm ready to write some comments about each your photo, if you agree.