CarloME's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Christmas Party Foods from Around the World

What food do you serve during the holidays in your country? Please share them here. 

Here's mine: 

We recently had a mini family get together before Christmas. 

Fermented fish in rice, grilled milkfish, and barbequeFermented fish in rice, grilled milkfish, and barbequeSpaghetti, chicken curry, and kare kare.Spaghetti, chicken curry, and kare kare.Grilled milkfishGrilled milkfishBarbequeBarbeque

2 comments
Level 6

Re: Christmas Party Foods from Around the World

Hey there!

I live in Niterói - Brazil, and in my family we usually have:

• For main meals: turkey, chester (a kind of turkey, but better), codfish, crumbs, tend, rice, roast pork, cod cake, lentil;

• For salads: green salad, fruits, salpicão, potato salad, mayonnaise, rose sauce;

• For oilseeds and others: Chestnut, castanha-do-Pará (a specific nut from Pará), cashew nut, peanut, hazelnut, nubula, raisin, fig, Damascus;

• For dessert: French toast, gingerbread, chocottone (is a panettone, but with chocolate), ice cream, fruits salad, pave, pudding.

I SWEAR WE'RE NOT FATTY 😂

Former Google Contributor

Re: Christmas Party Foods from Around the World

You had a super elaborate meal for sure, @CarloME!!! It is also my first time seeing milkfish being served this way, super interesting. 

I found a photo of the mini Christmas dinner I was blessed to be treated to here in Singapore (not this year of course, haha):

WhatsApp Image 2017-12-20 at 4.36.39 PM.jpeg

If my memory serves me well, there were:

- Turkey ham (close enough)

- Mushroom soup

- Egg mayo

- Prawns

- Salad

- Fruit punch

- the mandatory log cake that is not pictured

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.