Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Brunch of Catedral - São Paulo - SP

Helo people

I want to share with you an event that is becoming regular in São Paulo

This is the Brunch of the Se Cathedral, in São Paulo, SP, Brazil

It is a monthly event, organized by the cathedral's own diocese, aiming to raise funds for reforms and maintenance.

One Sunday a month and only for guests who bought tickets early by the site http://www.aloingressos.com.br or direct in the secretariat of the cathedral. In general there is a waiting line and there is no sale on the day.

Shortly after the 11 o'clock celebration, that is, around noon, guests are taken to an internal area of ​​the cathedral, where a lunch is served, with starters, salads and main dishes, a buffet and a drink like wine or sparkling wine, for example.

The food is usually signed to each event by different chefs, and is very good and plentiful. The menu is fixed but balanced and the service is excellent.

The Brunch happes to the sound of live music, it is a very nice and delicious meal, which seems to prepare our spirit for the visits.

After the meal, groups are organized and visits are made to 3 main areas.

First rise to the Church Choir, elevated area just above the main doors. From there you have a beautiful view of the church interior, and the architecture in neo-Gothic style. At this stage it is possible to use an elevator or stairs.

Following up is the newly renovated carillon tower, where 61 Dutch bells of different sizes and tunings are observed, as well as the carillon structure with smaller bells and its keypad. Simple explanations about the operation are passed. Songs, usually sacred, can be played on this instrument, but there is a difficulty in Brazil to find qualified people. Daily touches are performed by an automated system.

After this, it is made a visit to the Dome of the cathedral. From this I can not do more descriptions, because the fire department did not authorize visits on rainy days.

When we returned to the level of the floor, we visited the lower baptismal font, the same in the original church, where baptism was done by immersion. Made in silver and Siena marble, it is beautiful!

The final part is dedicated to a visit to the Crypt of the Cathedral, underground construction under the main altar, where in special events are performed celebrations. In it are also buried the bishops who were responsible for the diocese, as well as the cacique Tibiriçá, one of the first Indians to be catechized, as well as the famous Father Feijó, also known as Regent Feijó, another important figure in the history of Brazil.

Of these tours included in the Brunch, only the visit to the Crypt, monitored, can be held outside this event.

The price is still a bit high in my opinion, but I think it was worth it.

I found this tour very interesting and enjoyable. Although you can climb the more than 200 steps to go to the highest allowed area, in the end it is worth it. How many of us have seen the keyboard of a carillon, for example?

Remember that this is a recent Cathedral, which had its towers - one of them hollow - completed only in 1967, so we should not expect the antiquity of European cathedrals. Even recent, its architecture impresses and is very beautiful. And the Crypt is a separate walk, which I described better in another article.

People, I'm not a speak native english. This is my first article, so if you fidn errors, please contact me that I will correct them

Thanks

P_20180415_121406.jpgP_20180415_121416.jpgP_20180415_123411.jpgP_20180415_142925.jpgP_20180415_142845.jpgP_20180415_143143.jpgP_20180415_144203.jpgP_20180415_144528.jpg

São Paulo, SP, Brasil