Darforero's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bogota, Colombia

Hi everyone!
I'm glad to show some places that you have to know once you come to the capital city of Colombia, BOGOTA.

Bogota is a city with many things to do, and is not just the places but also the local food you can find in here.There are many traditional houses in midtown, since it was the place where the Spanish colonizers arrived to Bogota.

Something that you have to be aware is the height, is about 2600 m.a.s.l., so maybe if you want to go to Monserrate, you can feel altitude sickness. Also, Bogota's weather is sometimes crazy, because in the morning is sunny, and then suddenly cloudy and so on starts to rain, but usually there are some months in where rain everyday, and also is kind of cold. (Colombia is located in a tropical zone, reason why each city has its own weather, and no seasons during the year).

The pictures you will watch below are from different places located in Bogota's Downtown.

P.S. These pictures were taken by the mobile phone Huawei Mate 8.

Getting to Monserrate EntranceGetting to Monserrate EntrancePath to Monserrate ChurchPath to Monserrate ChurchBogota's view from MonserrateBogota's view from MonserrateBotero MuseumBotero MuseumMonalisa picture by Botero|Monalisa picture by Botero|Luis Angel Arango LibraryLuis Angel Arango LibraryWay to get to El Chorro de QuevedoWay to get to El Chorro de QuevedoPrimatial Cathedral of BogotaPrimatial Cathedral of BogotaBolivar SquareBolivar SquareColonial Street in Bogota's DowntownColonial Street in Bogota's DowntownView from Universidad de La SalleView from Universidad de La SalleView from Universidad de La Salle - Raining daysView from Universidad de La Salle - Raining days

Bandeja Paisa in Bogota's downtownBandeja Paisa in Bogota's downtown

And this 360° picture was taken today, in front of Luis Angel Arango Library.

I really hope you enjoyed the pictures, and I hope your next trip will be to Bogota, Colombia.

David Augusto Robles Forero
Civil Engineer
Universidad de La Salle
Bogota D.C.,Colombia
3 comments
Level 10

Re: Bogota, Colombia

Charming Bogota.

Nice pictures

Thank you @Darforero

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 8

@Darforero wrote:

Hi everyone!
I'm glad to show some places that you have to know once you come to the capital city of Colombia, BOGOTA.

Bogota is a city with many things to do, and is not just the places but also the local food you can find in here.There are many traditional houses in midtown, since it was the place where the Spanish colonizers arrived to Bogota.

Something that you have to be aware is the height, is about 2600 m.a.s.l., so maybe if you want to go to Monserrate, you can feel altitude sickness. Also, Bogota's weather is sometimes crazy, because in the morning is sunny, and then suddenly cloudy and so on starts to rain, but usually there are some months in where rain everyday, and also is kind of cold. (Colombia is located in a tropical zone, reason why each city has its own weather, and no seasons during the year).

The pictures you will watch below are from different places located in Bogota's Downtown.

Getting to Monserrate EntranceGetting to Monserrate EntrancePath to Monserrate ChurchPath to Monserrate ChurchBogota's view from MonserrateBogota's view from MonserrateBotero MuseumBotero MuseumMonalisa picture by Botero|Monalisa picture by Botero|Luis Angel Arango LibraryLuis Angel Arango LibraryWay to get to El Chorro de QuevedoWay to get to El Chorro de QuevedoPrimatial Cathedral of BogotaPrimatial Cathedral of BogotaBolivar SquareBolivar SquareColonial Street in Bogota's DowntownColonial Street in Bogota's DowntownView from Universidad de La SalleView from Universidad de La SalleView from Universidad de La Salle - Raining daysView from Universidad de La Salle - Raining days

I really hope you enjoyed the pictures, and I hope your next trip will be to Bogota, Colombia.

Thank you Darforero 

One day I want to visit Colombia. Thank you for the wonderful information and photos.

Cheers

Level 8

Yes for sure!
Just be careful due the weather! haha
Even weather applications are not too accurate for Bogota's weather, while in downtown is raining in the north of the city is sunny!
We cannot guess the weather, just wait until it happens!
Greetings from Colombia!

@Badruddeen wrote:

@Darforero wrote:

Hi everyone!

Thank you Darforero 

One day I want to visit Colombia. Thank you for the wonderful information and photos.

Cheers

@Badruddeen wrote:

@Darforero wrote:

Hi everyone!

Thank you Darforero 

Cheers

@Badruddeen wrote:

@Darforero wrote:

Hi everyone!

Thank you Darforero 

Cheers

David Augusto Robles Forero
Civil Engineer
Universidad de La Salle
Bogota D.C.,Colombia