SudipP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Bishnupur of India - famous for its Terracotta work

Bisnupur, is a great historic place of West Bengal. It is the district capital of Bankura. It is a distance of 132 KM from Kolkata, the capital of west Bengal.

Bishnupur was ruled under the Gupta period by local Hindu kings. The place is also known as Mallabhum after the Malla rulers rules this area.

The Malla rulers built the famous terracotta temples during the 17th and 18th century at this place. The terracotta temples here are the best specimen of the classical style of Bishnupuriya architecture.

The patronage of Malla king VEER HAMBIR and his successors Raja RAGHUNATH SINGHA DEV and BIR SINGHA DEV made Bishnupur one of the principal centres of culture in Bengal. Most of the exquisite terracotta temples for which town is justly famous were built during this period.BISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta WorkBISHNUPUR - The Terracotta Work

Bishnupur, West Bengal, India
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Bishnupur of India - famous for its Terracotta work

Hii @SudipP

Beautiful Architect by Old Age

Thanks for Sharing

Looks Awesome

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor

Hi @SudipP,

A warm welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. Great to have you here!  These are very impressive terracotta pieces.  Did you take all these photos? And the information you write? Did you take it from other online sources? If so, please can you give credit to the author? You might not know but it is not allowed to post images or any other content in the forum that infringes on anyone else’s legal rights, including copyright. Please take a moment to review our rules.

As you look new to the community, why don't you explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides? For example, this section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 

- Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 

- Share a story with your photo(s) - tell your fellow Local Guides something about the location's history, why you like it,  a few details on what is in the pictures, etc. 

- Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post. 

- Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 

This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions.

Don't forget to introduce yourself to the other Local Guides on our March 2017 introduction thread, too, if still you haven't done it yet, and feel free to ask if you need any further help or tips. 

Many thanks and have fun with Local Guides!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8
Solution

Hii @SudipP

Beautiful Architect by Old Age

Thanks for Sharing

Looks Awesome

Level 8

Hello Maria B, 

Thanks for your communication. 

20170319_124640.jpg

I am aware that, no copy right is acceptable. All photo and data are collected by my family member only. 

Photo are taken by Master SOUMYADEEP PURKAYASTHA, MY SON, when he has gone a school excursion at Bishnupur on 17 Mar 2017. 
Information collected from my son which is told to him by local tourist guide. 

I congratulate and give thanks to my son already. Thanks to you for your reminder. 
Photo of my son is attached herewith so that you can understand the standard. 

Secondly, you are having doubt about copy right. Same information is available to all persons who visited the sites. 
I have not copied anything from anywhere. 

I love to work on this platform. If I get chance in future, then I will visit the site personally and collect the more information and photo . 
India is a very big place and full of good topics of different races and culture. Many small places are there, which is not discovered so far.
Only Google can help and support to complete this work in a good shape. 
Also, expecting an offer from Google to perform better. 

Lastly, thanks to you for your view which you have shared with me.

Have a nice day.

Thank you.  

@MariaB wrote:

Hi @SudipP,

A warm welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. Great to have you here!  These are very impressive terracotta pieces.  Did you take all these photos? And the information you write? Did you take it from other online sources? If so, please can you give credit to the author? You might not know but it is not allowed to post images or any other content in the forum that infringes on anyone else’s legal rights, including copyright. Please take a moment to review our rules.

As you look new to the community, why don't you explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides? For example, this section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 

- Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 

- Share a story with your photo(s) - tell your fellow Local Guides something about the location's history, why you like it,  a few details on what is in the pictures, etc. 

- Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post. 

- Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 

This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions.

Don't forget to introduce yourself to the other Local Guides on our March 2017 introduction thread, too, if still you haven't done it yet, and feel free to ask if you need any further help or tips. 

Many thanks and have fun with Local Guides!

Level 7

Hi @SudipP 

Welcome to local guides connect and thanks for sharing great pics of terakota work of bishnupur area.

Information provided is really makes your post great.

Thank you again for sharing great content.