DaHamburglar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Austin : The BBQ REALLY is good, but so is...

The only currency i care about :beautiful brisket.The only currency i care about :beautiful brisket.

So, i love Austin, TX.

It's just a great place with a nice culture revolving around alot of my favorite things:

1) Believe it or Not, FILMS

I love movies in general. Love em. Austin,TX is a hive for people like me, fans and also people making the films we obsess over.

From SWSX , The Austin Film Festival and to birthplace/homebase of the beloved Alamo Drafthouse, you are drenched in cinema related functions that focus on the real and admiring part of film making .

The sideways crew of How Did This Get Made! @ Paramount Theater in AustinThe sideways crew of How Did This Get Made! @ Paramount Theater in Austin

#2 is certainly: The BBQ

It's hard to ignore the bbq here. And that's a good thing as most of is superb. I'm a creature of habit and I always gravitate torwards the same few classics ,such as Franklin's BBQ, Micklethwaits ,Lucy's Fried Chicken and even though its not bbq: Gourdough's!

Food here is dynamite and just worth the effort to stopby

Austin, TX, United States
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Austin : The BBQ REALLY is good, but so is...

I've heard a lot about this place. Unfortunately they always close early and the lines are always long. I never got a chance to try out this place during my visit to Austin 😐

Level 8

Love love love Texas bbq! @DaHamburglar

Level 7

They are indeed long! The trick is embrace it and make it like a tailgating event. We brought a small cooler w beer and champagne and sat for 5 hours waiting. Once they open, its brisk and you fill up!

Level 7

Diana,  you Love brisket? This could be the start of a beautiful friendship