Ankit_Raj's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Road Mapper Achievements

Hi everyone, I am sharing my achievement in Road Mapper of April, I am doing this in my free time so it is very less as compared with anyone else but now I am thinking to do this more and more so that I can able to contribute more in this.

Instagram 

Twitter 

Facebook

92% of the contribution is accepted by Google Map.92% of the contribution is accepted by Google Map.This number will going to increase in upcoming time.This number will going to increase in upcoming time.

With Regards,

Ankit Raj

Siwan, Bihar, India
6 comments
Level 9

Re: Road Mapper Achievements

Awesome. Please keep it up. 

And make sure you do quality contributions, so that increases the chances of acceptance. 

Prateek Agarwal
Level 7
Level 7

Hi @Ankit_Raj and great job! Drawing roads is a fun activity and helps people.

I agree with @PrateekAgarwal, take time to correctly draw the roads and don't rush. 

Unfortunately Google "gamified" this useful tool by adding streaks to push people to work every day and this is a bad practice. Best to ignore the streak because I feel too much contributors rush edits in order to keep their streak, leading to bad and rejected edits.

I use Road Mapper for more than one year now and "only" have 600km drawn over 283 challenges. My longest streak is only 10 days but I really don't care. What I care about is not quantity but quality. This is very important to ensure high quality maps for everyone.

On my 283 completed challenges only 7 were rejected (less than 3% overall), most of time because Google already got the data so my edit just came too late. Outside of this I know my edits will be approved because I take time to analyze the imagery and improve existing roads.

So don't think you're not contributing enough: any contribution is good! Remember you do it for free on your free time, this is not a full-time job. Google is big enough to have a lot of people contributing all over the World, and mapping the World is not a task of one but all of us, helping together as a huge community.

Level 6

Nice job.

Do you earn points by using the road mapper feature?

Level 8

Hii @Surveyor_Dobe 

No earn points for road mapper.

Level 6

How to add new roads?

Level 8

Hi @Chefaugil 

Connect with me on Instagram, I will tell you how to do that.