Level 9

Re: February Road Mapper Updates

@tony_b,,

I have had streaks like that in Nigeria. Don't take it personally. 😕

Alfred New
TRAC Badge
Level 10

Hello @tony_b , I understand your concern. I too faced " Not Approved " in India and other countries as well.  Getting not approved is a part of the journey. We are volunteers after all  😃,  just enjoying the journey together. All the best.

Signature Image
Level 10

NIcely said @PrasadVR. I echo your reply @tony_b (and thank you for tagging me). Though I haven't been so active with RoadMapper, even when I tried to submit two hiking roads in the US- both got denied. I like how Prasad mentions though it's just part of the journey. Similarly but unrelated, I also had some recent captions I made in Maps get denied too. 💖 We got this my friend- we can only try our best and have fun contributing and learning, and not let those setbacks get to us. 

Level 10

@tony_b wrote:

I didn't even notice when it happened a week ago, but the red bar on the dashboard caught my attention

While clicking through my 'Not Accepted' entries, I'm noticing a lot are coming from entries where I have 0km, so my red bar does not appear. The system isn't as keen on my clean-up suggestions as it is on my road additions. I'm wondering if this coincides with the speed up in approvals @PrasadVR noted, because my road removals on the live Map typically take at least 2 weeks to be reviewed.

JustJake TRAC Badge
Level 8

Very interesting @JustJake 

Although I experimented a bit with 0km entries, I haven't continued the practice,  and only submit entries where I actually drew roads. 

Meanwhile, as a counter to Maps awarding me those "Not Approved" results for India, I did 32 small edits in one day to total the amount of Km previously rejected, and ALL got approved.  

Level 8

@JustJake 

Guide me plz about roads mapper 

See what I've posted to Google Maps
Level 8 Local Guide
https://maps.app.goo.gl/XYan2wbRD9fsH6G87

Level 10

Hey @mohanghyar, I responded to you here on the enrollment post. Check that out and let me know if you have any questions 👍

JustJake TRAC Badge