MiglenaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Trusted Photographer

Hi everyone! I'm new to the forum so this will be my first post. 

I recently reached local guides level 3 and I'm waiting also for a google trusted photographer badge. Few things are unclear to me though, so I hope you can help me. 

Before the main idea to have this badge was the access it granted to the google business "see inside" option (at least this was how I thought about it). Now it seems that everyone can post 360 photos connected in a tour, which will be displayed on the google page of the business. 

My question is: do you actually really need to be trusted photographer in order to photograph a 360 tour and upload it to google?

Thank you 🙂

8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: Trusted Photographer

Hi @MiglenaR, it is more the opposite in the sense that after you have published fifty photos that match a certain set of criteria, you are acknowledged as Trusted Photographer. Check the page below, especially under "What it takes to be trusted"

https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Saluti,

Giulio

View solution in original post

Level 7
Solution

Hi @MiglenaR, it is more the opposite in the sense that after you have published fifty photos that match a certain set of criteria, you are acknowledged as Trusted Photographer. Check the page below, especially under "What it takes to be trusted"

https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Saluti,

Giulio

Level 7

@MiglenaR

You can photograph 360 tour before you are trusted photographer, but photos will not be seen connected until you have shot 50 accepted photos. Only you can see the tour in your street view app until that. 

Markus Kiili
Level 5

Thank you!

Level 6

I have the same problem. I have 100 approved 360° Pics in my Profile but still can't activate "available for hire" option.

I tried it on Android App an iOS App, i have cleared phone Cache, reinstalled the App, always the same Problem. What could be the problem?

This is my Profile Link: https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/101091117788848425627

Screenshot_20180509-073008.jpg

Level 1

Hi @360hn

Thanks for sharing your situation with us. 

I'll investigate your case and let you know when I have any news.

Do you remember for how long you have more than 50 360 photos approved? Please consider that It may take at least 2 weeks after you have the 50 photos to activate the "for hire" option. 

Best, 

Level 10

Hi Lucia,

Thank you.

This is good info - I am also in a queue somewhere with now 300+ photos approved and published.

The 2 week potential timeline I think should be more prominently posted as there seem to be several ongoing requests for info concerning these issues.

Level 10

Thank you @Giulio

The link is very useful.

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 1

me and you can do that for you guys doing anything tonight at work now but I'm going to be there in like