Andréas_S_Eriksson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

The f-up with cheep memory cards

You probably already know that you get what you pay for, but I would like to remind you all of this fact.

Some time ago I bought a 512 GB SD memory card from Ebay. Paid some dollars for it and it showed up in my mail some days ago. Installed it and my phone (Huawei P9+) stated that it was not a fast memory card and that some functions may not work and I could expect slow operations in photography and playing music. I headed out to do some photography in my town for maps and when I got home 15-20 of way over 300 pictures was alright. All other was corrupt.
Today I made the same route again and it worked good with my  32 GB SD memory card and right now I am uploading. The lesson from this is that you always gets what you pay for and that I got double the time out walking, which is a good thing. 🙂

Andréas S. Eriksson
1 comment
Former Google Contributor

Re: The f-up with cheep memory cards

Hey @Andréas_S_Eriksson,

Thanks for sharing your experience, I can agree with your opinion. The same happened to me several times, but with cheaper flash drives. My experience now tells me this: Pay more for a faster, sd card so you wont regret it later.

Best regards,

Georges

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators