KentJohnson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

The Rejection Continues - My Photos Blacklisted AGAIN!

So the saga continues, watermarked rejected, no watermark rejected! and I don't think Google AI can read Cyrillic very well - OR it might be that it just doesn't like B&W photos! I also realise that the forums here are not about getting any help so I have just come here to moan away. An BTW, you are allowed logos, I've read EVERY link anyone ever suggested, not sure if those who dropped them actually have?  Any-who.. Here's the latest  - I can't believe the detail from the window scene was rejected while the full shot with watermark (as you can see it below) became the banner! There you go I guess. Feel free to join in the moaning about irrationally rejected photos too. I would LOVE to hear your story!

1000-005_1.jpg1000-006_2.jpgMoscowRejects.jpg1000v2-PostersMoscow Con 2.jpg1000-Tiger 1.jpg 

And the lion.. though in this case f the watermark does come more than 10% above the bottom but hey; how many knock backs even though I played fair!

Kent Johnson
2 comments
Level 7

Re: The Rejection Continues - My Photos Blacklisted AGAIN!

I cannot give you any advice on how to get every picture approved, as this simple doesn't happen.  I have about 200 pictures more in my list than were actually approved.  I don't know why some pictures don't get approved and I have no idea how the algorithms work, but for some pictures I can guess why they were rejected and why others get approved.

For example: your close-up of the window is not specific enough and could be from any window as far as Google is concerned.  A window with the name of the business on it is a whole other story.  The same applies more or less for the statue, especially since there's graffiti on it that could be misinterpreted by the algorithm.  These are just my guesses why these pictures were not approved, but there are also other factors involved in my experience.

Recently none of my pictures were rejected and I guess that's simply because I make sure the quality and size are sufficient: good contrast, bright colours and at least 12MP (the most recent ones are 14MP for the spheres and 20+MP for regular pics).  I try to get any relevant text in the picture and anything that may be an issue I either try to leave out or I blur it (license plates, advertising signs,...).  I put a copyright on my pictures, but in the beginning it was quite big and now it's a lot smaller and shorter, so that may be important too.

Also: I believe the owner of a claimed business/location can "reject" third party pictures (i.e. make them invisible for the public).

Last but not least: don't forget that other LGs can report your pictures for a number of reasons (poor quality, not relevant,...)

Level 7

Re: The Rejection Continues - My Photos Blacklisted AGAIN!

Hi @IbanV,

thank you. I can see you have put a lot of thought into the mysteries of rejected photos too. I think you may be right about the detail in the window; though if kept together with the full shot would of course make complete sense - I suppose that is a curatorial aspect to maps, something else that I have been thinking about! Terrible shame about the lion sculpture; though these were all 1994! So more historical I suppose; but interesting all the same. Thanks for your feedback. I learnt something!

Cheers,

Kent.

Kent Johnson